Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Jun 14, 2019 at 3:40 Quote
hi!
Has anybody tried to install a 230x60 shok absorber? its only 2.5mm stroke diference.

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 at 9:30 Quote
aitorjaso wrote:
hi!
Has anybody tried to install a 230x60 shok absorber? its only 2.5mm stroke diference.

when i called SC they told me to keep 57.5, there is a few that use 60mm which is the same than Nomad, seems too small the difference, i would say try it if you already have it.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 18:43 Quote
jamescrichton wrote:

Looks good. The X2 is the way to go. I swapped my SD for one and it's so much more supportive.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 14:04 Quote
Here this is my MT. So happy with this rig. Even sold my dh bike because it is just good enough for me in the Park.
I was a bit shocked after i put the invisiframe on - kinda lost its magic. So i asked invisiframe to make the decals in the FS green of the green MT.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 14:15 Quote
Fufi7 wrote:
Here this is my MT. So happy with this rig. Even sold my dh bike because it is just good enough for me in the Park.
I was a bit shocked after i put the invisiframe on - kinda lost its magic. So i asked invisiframe to make the decals in the FS green of the green MT.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 6:50 Quote
gmoss wrote:
jimmy29 wrote:
The grease port on the lower link looks to be a bit of a faff to get to. It only looks accessible by either letting the air out of the shock and compressing the suspension that way or disconnecting the shock at one end. Does that sound right or am I just not looking at it the right way?

Every SC I have owned has been that way. Let air out or unbolt on end of shock, rotate to access.

Attempted to grease it this weekend, access to the port is ok with the suspension on full sag but, the santa cruz grease gun don't actually fit lol or at least it doesn't appear to without fouling the metal of the link, it has marked it a little. I don't want to force it and mark it even more.

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 8:35 Quote
I found unbolting to give better access, but a little more work and really need to torque correctly. Plus, I don't like pumping the shock back up. Both ways have plus and minuses.

I never got a SC grease gun...

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 17:56 Quote
Hey just wondering what everyone is running in their suspension. I am 180 lbs. in my riding gear and am running the following pressure in an effort to get some sensitivity out of the rearend.

Fork: 50 psi
Rear Shock: 145 psi with the 2.5 gnardog volume reducer.

Anyone have any suggestions/running similar pressures?

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 20:12 Quote
kstrongin3 wrote:
Hey just wondering what everyone is running in their suspension. I am 180 lbs. in my riding gear and am running the following pressure in an effort to get some sensitivity out of the rearend.

That shock pressure seems really low. I'm 35 lbs more than you but ran nearly 100 psi more (242 psi) with a gnardog spacer before I swapped the SD for an X2. You sure you're not riding around deep in the travel?

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 20:31 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
kstrongin3 wrote:

That shock pressure seems really low. I'm 35 lbs more than you but ran nearly 100 psi more (242 psi) with a gnardog spacer before I swapped the SD for an X2. You sure you're not riding around deep in the travel?

I am sure I am riding deep in the travel, but that seems to be the only way I can get repetitive square edge bumps to feel good.

Also, how does the X2 feel? I've been thinking about that as an option as well.

Posted: Jul 11, 2019 at 4:39 Quote
kstrongin3 wrote:
I am sure I am riding deep in the travel, but that seems to be the only way I can get repetitive square edge bumps to feel good.

Also, how does the X2 feel? I've been thinking about that as an option as well.

The X2 feels much better. It's more linear and I can get proper damping. The SD wasn't supportive. If I put enough pressure in it to feel supportive it would get harsh. Since the SD lacks midstroke support, I think the best thing to do is run as few volume spacers as possible with the sag set to 29-31%. Then play around with rebound and LSC more. I ran mine mostly closed.

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 5:19 Quote
Does anyone know what fork offset the Megatower is designed around?

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
Granda wrote:
Does anyone know what fork offset the Megatower is designed around?

It comes with 44mm. They say to use either 42mm or 44mm.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015358
Mobile Version of Website