Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 3:13 Quote
Yeah. Works just fine. Chip in high, 165mm cranks.

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
photo

my mega at my local itty bitty uplift Moon

Man I get jealous everytime I see an FS green megatower with a red lyric.

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 12:09 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:

Nice. What’s it like the climb?

Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 12:12 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

Nice. What’s it like the climb?

Ive got the seat slammed front. Havent found much negatives regarding the angles, but on flatter terrain the bike isnt the most energetic

O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2020 at 12:24 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
photo

Nice bike!!! That guy in the background with the black and white jerseys looks like he is about to have a Friday Fail lol.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
Do Swiss 350 hub on the Megatower... has any had moments when it’s slips? I’ve had it a couple times, took it apart to clean and grease. it’s not constantly happening.. just every now and again you’ll get a little jump from it? has anyone upgraded the the 52t ratchet for them?

Posted: Aug 28, 2020 at 23:33 Quote
Weird, never had that problem. I have upgraded to the 54 tooth ratchet and it does engage a touch quicker.... and sounds cooler

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 6:47 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:
photo

Nice bike!!! That guy in the background with the black and white jerseys looks like he is about to have a Friday Fail lol.

LMAO

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 6:49 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
Do Swiss 350 hub on the Megatower... has any had moments when it’s slips? I’ve had it a couple times, took it apart to clean and grease. it’s not constantly happening.. just every now and again you’ll get a little jump from it? has anyone upgraded the the 52t ratchet for them?

I had it happen once. The splines can wear in rare circumstances but in my case the hub springs were installed the wrong way around

Posted: Aug 29, 2020 at 10:38 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:

I have a 350 with the 54t ratchet on my other bike and it has been flawless for a little over 1000 miles. I do know people have had some issues with the lower tooth count ratchets.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 13:11 Quote
Had the same issue as above with a loose rear wheel. I thought it was the linkage, but ended up being that flip chip every time. Reached out to SC, no word yet.

As for sizing : I’m 6’6” and the 2XL is a perfect size. Also, the bike rips; so that’s nice.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2020 at 21:46 Quote
photo
So, thought I would try a coil to see if it would make a nice change from the X2 I've been running. Used to run coils on my old Tranny Sentinel and Patrol but never really liked that linear feel so going with an MRP progressive spring this time. My local trails require some pedaling to get to and up so I like that firm travel at the beginning of the stroke to hold me up for this and so far, from yesterdays climb, I'm impressed as I didn't need to use the lock-out.

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
Has anyone tried there megatower with a fox 38 170mm how did i behave? Big difference in climbing? And pedaling? Let me know thanks

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
dhinfloridalol wrote:
Has anyone tried there megatower with a fox 38 170mm how did i behave? Big difference in climbing? And pedaling? Let me know thanks

Have a zeb 170mm on mine. Love running the lower psi in the fork but climbs as well as you would think. Definitely not my Hightower on climbing but also not my Hightower on descending.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 12:10 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
dhinfloridalol wrote:

Have a zeb 170mm on mine. Love running the lower psi in the fork but climbs as well as you would think. Definitely not my Hightower on climbing but also not my Hightower on descending.

Also have ZEB 170mm on mine, climbs just the same, probably better with the chip flipped to the high position. The forks feel brilliant though, 170mm front with a 160mm rear in a nice balance on that bike.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012825
Mobile Version of Website