Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 16:24 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
dhinfloridalol wrote:
Has anyone tried there megatower with a fox 38 170mm how did i behave? Big difference in climbing? And pedaling? Let me know thanks

Have a zeb 170mm on mine. Love running the lower psi in the fork but climbs as well as you would think. Definitely not my Hightower on climbing but also not my Hightower on descending.

Gotchu thanks for the input yeah ima put a fox 38 170mm should get it next week ill see how that goes

Posted: Sep 1, 2020 at 16:25 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
dhinfloridalol wrote:
Has anyone tried there megatower with a fox 38 170mm how did i behave? Big difference in climbing? And pedaling? Let me know thanks

Have a zeb 170mm on mine. Love running the lower psi in the fork but climbs as well as you would think. Definitely not my Hightower on climbing but also not my Hightower on descending.

Also have ZEB 170mm on mine, climbs just the same, probably better with the chip flipped to the high position. The forks feel brilliant though, 170mm front with a 160mm rear in a nice balance on that bike.

Yeah thats what i been hearing that you can run lower psi with these bigger forks sounds like the would be really subtle on trail chatter and small bump sensitivity

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 6:12 Quote
Any suggestions on how to fix the rear flip chip from moving around?

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 6:17 Quote
Curious if any folks running the cascade link on their Megatowers noticed any drawbacks to the change. I read theres a 5mm chainstay increase, which makes me sceptical as I love how lively the bike is currently..but wouldn't mind a bit more travel and bottom out resistance.

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 7:50 Quote
dhinfloridalol wrote:

Take a metal file and grind it down a couple mm’s so it’s flush with your frame

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 3:04 Quote
dhinfloridalol wrote:
pm sent mate

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 6:55 Quote
Turboute wrote:
dhinfloridalol wrote:
pm sent mate

Can I has same PM? I've been enquiring to my local SC guys for months about the thinner flip chip and they get no answer from SC

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 9:54 Quote
I got a thinner flip chip sent from Santa Cruz, same part number. It’s about the thickness of a matchstick difference in size.

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 16:54 Quote
I made a video about the flip chip issue and fixing it: https://www.pinkbike.com/video/520008/

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 2:06 Quote
Hi everyone, has anyone put a Megneg on there Megatower? If so what tune did you do ?

Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 4:07 Quote
Yes, I have. Took a bit of messing about with it. I’m 6ft 1 and 86kg riding a XL. My current set up is 1 token and 4 bands. 200psi. I just got a loan of a ShockWiz so I’m going ride that over the weekend and see what it suggests.

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
Nice one mate , let me know how ya get on dude !

Posted: Sep 6, 2020 at 4:49 Quote
on the off chance there is anyone that wants to swap a super deluxe coil for an air please shout up

Posted: Sep 8, 2020 at 17:34 Quote
If anyone is looking to get away from the DT rear axle this is good option:

https://burgtec.co.uk/product/santa-cruz-rear-axle/

I bought a used MT frame that was missing the shuttle guard, if you ever need one the Santa Cruz part number is 30-17788 and it was only $10 USD. Spares breakdown:

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/bike/megatower/v1

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 1:16 Quote
jhowlett wrote:
on the off chance there is anyone that wants to swap a super deluxe coil for an air please shout up

Is it an Ultimate? If so then I'd be keen, spring weight dependant too as well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005577
Mobile Version of Website