Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 6:44 Quote
What dropper post fits low in a Large frame? My 170mm oneup sticks up about 4” when it is slammed and makes it hard to get back low on the rear wheel.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
What dropper post fits low in a Large frame? My 170mm oneup sticks up about 4” when it is slammed and makes it hard to get back low on the rear wheel.

hmm, did you yank the cable from the front when slamming the post? I think it should go way deeper

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 7:49 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

hmm, did you yank the cable from the front when slamming the post? I think it should go way deeper

I did try several times and it did not seem like it would go down.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 7:57 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Is it not going all the way down into the outer tube? I agree, it obviously should, sounds like a cable issue. I put a 210mm OneUp on my XL with about 2 inches of post still sticking out.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
tgent wrote:
krumpdancer101 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:

Is it not going all the way down into the outer tube? I agree, it obviously should, sounds like a cable issue. I put a 210mm OneUp on my XL with about 2 inches of post still sticking out.
Yes the post goes all the way down into the outer tube. The outer tube is what I mean that is sticking up out of the seat post neck on the frame about 4 inches.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 8:55 Quote

Here is what I mean.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 9:24 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:

Here is what I mean.

Got it, ya it definitely should go down further if not all the way, for reference my 210mm dropper can go all the way to the collar on my XL, so with your 170mm dropper being a full 40mm shorter on a L frame, it should definitely be able to seat all the way down into the seat tube. You could verify this by removing the cable and inserting it and seeing it it will seat. The cable is likely just binding.

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
was there also some kind of issue with the one up dropper actuators not playing well with certain santa cruz frames like mega? I remember seeing something like "2,1 actuator" for sale on bike-components when looking at one up parts

Posted: Sep 9, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
krumpdancer101 wrote:

I just built up my Large MT and was able to get a 210mm OneUp v2 dropper in there with less than 2" of post out of the frame. I will say it was a major pain in the ass though and I ended up having my LBS do the install because it was so tricky. I should also note that this height is the absolute lowest it can go in a Large frame. 1mm lower and nothing works.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 10:52 Quote
Was able to get it down under 2”. The cable must’ve been hung up inside and definitely took some pull push action. Thanks guys for the help.

Posted: Sep 10, 2020 at 12:00 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
was there also some kind of issue with the one up dropper actuators not playing well with certain santa cruz frames like mega? I remember seeing something like "2,1 actuator" for sale on bike-components when looking at one up parts

Yeah the v1 oneup dropper pots don't like the cable routing on the frame the new posts you can change the actuator to the v2.1 type. It switches the post from using the outer cable to actuate the post to using the inner to actuate.

Posted: Sep 21, 2020 at 2:57 Quote
dhinfloridalol wrote:
Has anyone tried there megatower with a fox 38 170mm how did i behave? Big difference in climbing? And pedaling? Let me know thanks

/Users/martinlr/Desktop/Captura de pantalla 2020-09-21 a las 11.54.56.png

The 38 feels nice, its more rigid and sensitive, how much pressure do you run on 2020 Fox x2? I'm 76 kg and need about 200 psi but I steel feel it without support sometimes

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
I'm wondering if anyone is running Hayes A4 Dominion on their Megatower? I currently have the Code R and find that they are a bit washy. The lever feel keeps changing over time. Is there anything to do when upgrading to 203MM rotors over the 200MM rotors? Any other brakes I should consider?

Posted: Sep 22, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
Yekrut wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone is running Hayes A4 Dominion on their Megatower? I currently have the Code R and find that they are a bit washy. The lever feel keeps changing over time. Is there anything to do when upgrading to 203MM rotors over the 200MM rotors? Any other brakes I should consider?

Just add a couple washers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008207
Mobile Version of Website