Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Good looking bike. Pedals look incredibly out of place however..

Thanks! And yea you are not incorrect on the pedals!

I blame the supply chain issues but it’ll be getting one up pedals, in purple of course.

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
p0zi wrote:
I put a galaxy decal on my storm grey. It doesn’t pop out from far but it looks good and subtle. The galaxy colours work well with the purple in the frame colour.

21 Megatower

21 Megatower

That looks pretty good. I see that it’s ride wrapped, are the galaxy decals under the ride wrap or on top?

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 15:26 Quote
I put them on top. The ride wrap installer said there will be small air bubbles around the decals. The frame size decal is under the wrap and it does have whitish lines around it. Not bad there but would annoy me around the main decals.

Plus I can change it around if I want to in the future.

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 18:03 Quote
p0zi wrote:
I put them on top. The ride wrap installer said there will be small air bubbles around the decals. The frame size decal is under the wrap and it does have whitish lines around it. Not bad there but would annoy me around the main decals.

Plus I can change it around if I want to in the future.

I originally thought the best would be to put them under until the dealer suggested on top. Probably a pretty good idea. Where did you get the galaxy decals from? Are they a bit oversized compared to the original lettering so you don’t see the edges of the original color?

Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 19:53 Quote
Ya that was my first thought but the installer gave me a good rundown on both options (he also installed the decals for me). In the end I’m happy as I can change out the decals if I want. Also, the ridewrap is matte and so are the decals so it would have made them even less shiny.

I ordered them from Richard Scott Designs in the UK. They are slightly larger than the stock so they cover it all. All in were about $40 CDN shipped. Really nice quality, will buy from them again.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 1:44 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
tristanpalmer wrote:
Tayrob wrote:
Tristan-No idea what caused it. Frame was a little over a year old and got ridden 2-3 times a week on average. Santa Cruz did replace it completely free of charge.

Interesting, thanks for mentioning it and following up! Smile

I found a big crack which I consider to be a warranty item, and from the initial response I’ve had, they (I’m unclear if it’s SC or Jungle in the UK at the moment) consider to be crash replacement not warranty and are charging me a fee for which feels totally unfair to me.

Hence curious to know what others recent experiences have been. I don’t want to go into too much detail until I’ve had a reply from SC US so I know where I stand.

No way would I except that! ‘Lifetime warranty’
I thought it was no quibble! I’d tell them to look at it again. Can you post a photo of it??

I'm waiting to hear back from SC US first before I add too many details to be honest. I'm still hoping they will help me.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 1:45 Quote
gmoss wrote:
tristanpalmer wrote:
jeremy3220 wrote:

I'd be very worried about a company prioritizing new sales over customer support.

Couldn’t agree more!

As far as crash replacement, doesn't sound like SC's repsonse. Be interested to whst you hear directly from SC.

My 18 TB was warranty replaced when I ran into a problem taking my shock off the first time. The bolt seized to the shock and spread the upper mount tab, busting it. The dealer initially said that it was on me since I had not had it off in the year I owned it. Before it actually broke the frame, which they did, I called SC directly, as did they and SC said that had happened before too much loctite on the threads which caused the bolt to stick fast to the shock, making removal near impossible without breaking the frame or stripping the threads. Point is if I had taken the word of the dealer I bought from initially, I would have not gotten it warrantied. The dealer was not being harsh but on the surface, it appeared to not be a warranty issue.

Thanks for the heads up and honesty - Will update things when I hear back.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 22:13 Quote
I agree that putting warranty on the top it's fine, but how does it work with the queue? f.e. they produced 1000 frames and according to sales all of them already sold and have customer contracts, and at some point they receives warranty claim, what do they do? They decide that that this random guy can wait next 3 months, but we cover warranty case? Or maybe they have some bikes/frames saved for warranty cases? It's interesting question

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 4:00 Quote
Based on my experience, they save frames for warranty. My bike was out of production when I made my claim, but they had and sent me another front triangle in my color vs a new model frame color.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 8:59 Quote
Does anyone have any predictions or knowledge of when the new model of the megatower will be released??

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 9:03 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
Does anyone have any predictions or knowledge of when the new model of the megatower will be released??

2023 model year likely

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
nubbs wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:

2023 model year likely

Keep your eye peeled on the EWS races this year..... if there is anything coming out there might be a prototype floating about.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 13:14 Quote
'22 will be staying the same, just with different colors and a tiny bit different part spec. Revamp will be the' 23 model year. This is mainly due to trying to keep up with demand and fulfill orders. They're obviously not having a hard time selling the current Megatower frame, so why change it in the middle of supply shortages?

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 13:29 Quote
Tayrob wrote:
'22 will be staying the same, just with different colors and a tiny bit different part spec. Revamp will be the' 23 model year. This is mainly due to trying to keep up with demand and fulfill orders. They're obviously not having a hard time selling the current Megatower frame, so why change it in the middle of supply shortages?

Any idea the colours?

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
Unfortunately, no, but the '22 stuff is stated to land end of spring/early summer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007181
Mobile Version of Website