Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Mar 25, 2021 at 10:08 Quote
Hi guys. Is there anyone with a superdeluxe ultimate coil rear shock?
I bought one from the megatower and it seems to me that it doesn't work as it should.
When I use lockout, shock Is stiffer, but a verry little.. ( as a few clicks on the lcs...)
It should be tough, right?
The rebound setting also does not react very significantly... And LSC too same.
is it set directly according to the requirements of the SC or is it broken?

the air superdeluxe solidifies completely when I use lockout and it also reacts very significantly to the rebound setting.

When compressing, the shock makes a clicking noise.

so i ask, is it normal?
Sorry for my english and thanks for help.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
mirad wrote:
Hi guys. Is there anyone with a superdeluxe ultimate coil rear shock?
I bought one from the megatower and it seems to me that it doesn't work as it should.
When I use lockout, shock Is stiffer, but a verry little.. ( as a few clicks on the lcs...)
It should be tough, right?
The rebound setting also does not react very significantly... And LSC too same.
is it set directly according to the requirements of the SC or is it broken?

the air superdeluxe solidifies completely when I use lockout and it also reacts very significantly to the rebound setting.

When compressing, the shock makes a clicking noise.

so i ask, is it normal?
Sorry for my english and thanks for help.

I recently swaps or to this shock, doesn’t lock out fully but still a noticeable difference. The shock did also make a clunk sound when first put it on, once it was settled in it went away..... I think.... never noticed or heard it the last couple rides. I’ll check later and let you know.

Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 1:18 Quote
My take is that the lockout does a "soft lockout" on the LSC circuit. That is, some heavy standing-up pedalling will activate the shock anyway, but sitting and pedalling will not.

Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 2:09 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
My take is that the lockout does a "soft lockout" on the LSC circuit. That is, some heavy standing-up pedalling will activate the shock anyway, but sitting and pedalling will not.

Thanks for the info guys. When they release me from quarantine, I'll try it on the trail. I can't try it much in the garden.

Sharpy and Chrysantos, what rate of spring do you use and how much do you weigh? I am around 220 lbs and the damper came with a 550lbs spring. I ordered 600 and 650 for the test.

Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 2:41 Quote
mirad wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:

Thanks for the info guys. When they release me from quarantine, I'll try it on the trail. I can't try it much in the garden.

Sharpy and Chrysantos, what rate of spring do you use and how much do you weigh? I am around 220 lbs and the damper came with a 550lbs spring. I ordered 600 and 650 for the test.

I'm 80kg = 176lb and I've found 500lbs spring good for trails and bike parks. If I'd hit a lot of jumps or stuff like that I'd want to try 525 or even 550

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 4:40 Quote
I'm 215 and a 600 lb spring was definitely too light. You'll probably need 650 lb.

Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 5:30 Quote
85kg with a 550 spring, sag is just right, it works ok in the trail.

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
I’m 86kg running a 500 spring.

Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 8:48 Quote
85KG 550lb works perfect

Posted: Mar 26, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
thanks guys...
I mounted 600lbs today and it seems hard to me.
Sag about 30%...
But I only drove around the garden.
I'll see on the trail.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 21:52 Quote
I’m looking for a front wheel for my megatower. Anyone could suggest between 150-250$? I just bought a fox 36 and didn’t know that I wouldn’t fit on my sram mth 716.

Either I just get a new wheels or buy the conversion cap if that will work. But the cap will be restocked in 2 months

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
Maopogi wrote:
I’m looking for a front wheel for my megatower. Anyone could suggest between 150-250$? I just bought a fox 36 and didn’t know that I wouldn’t fit on my sram mth 716.

Either I just get a new wheels or buy the conversion cap if that will work. But the cap will be restocked in 2 months

You may be able to get a spank ozzy wheel at that price if you can apply a coupon or something.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 1:02 Quote
Any of the guys with cracks had any more joy with either warranty or replacement? Anyone got a date for getting a replacement frame?
Santa cruz still not able to give a date that I will have it which is pissing me off even more considering they still aren't accepting it as warranty and I'm paying for it! Started this warranty claim on the 18th of January and still not even a date!

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 9:04 Quote
irishdg wrote:
Any of the guys with cracks had any more joy with either warranty or replacement? Anyone got a date for getting a replacement frame?
Santa cruz still not able to give a date that I will have it which is pissing me off even more considering they still aren't accepting it as warranty and I'm paying for it! Started this warranty claim on the 18th of January and still not even a date!

You're likely going to have to wait till 2022 release for a front triangle is my guess.

O+
Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 13:37 Quote
nubbs wrote:
irishdg wrote:

You're likely going to have to wait till 2022 release for a front triangle is my guess.

Waiting on a full frame as they don't have the old colour ways. That's what I'm starting to fear wait wise. It leaves a bit of a sour taste, happily pumping out bikes to new customers without looking after existing ones!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010509
Mobile Version of Website