Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 14:03 Quote
I don't think SC is pumping out bikes to anyone right now. It's much more likely they don't have a frame to give you.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
It’s a major bummer, but also the reality of many industries-cell phone and internet service, car/house insurance, cable tv, rewards programs, etc. New customers are more valuable than existing customers. I don’t agree with it, and I hate being in that position, but that’s how it goes too often.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 15:02 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
I don't think SC is pumping out bikes to anyone right now. It's much more likely they don't have a frame to give you.

Spot on. They weren't even accepting new orders for the year from dealers a month or so ago... I've been waiting for my workplace to get a Megatower in so I can buy it myself, but I can't even get that sourced. We'll all be waiting a little bit to get some of the stuff that we want and need, but it'll make it that much better when the time comes.

Posted: Apr 5, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
I was lucky enough to get a pre-order on one of the few auto shipped 2022 talboys. Likely to see it..July-Sept...or later who knows.

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 23:15 Quote
PJJ205 wrote:
jeremy3220 wrote:

Spot on. They weren't even accepting new orders for the year from dealers a month or so ago... I've been waiting for my workplace to get a Megatower in so I can buy it myself, but I can't even get that sourced. We'll all be waiting a little bit to get some of the stuff that we want and need, but it'll make it that much better when the time comes.

Yeh and some of the orders delivered this spring were ordered as far back as last summer. My local dealer said they were not taking any new orders after january because all their quota for the whole years supply was already sold out.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 16:53 Quote
Did anyone notice the prices for megatower? It went up by $500

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 17:38 Quote
Prices of all SC bikes are expected to go up 10-15%. This isn't new news. Pretty sure this will be a thing across the board with all brands.

The price of my 2022 Tallboy was almost $900 CAD more than the previous year.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 23:35 Quote
Will I have to use a new chain if I lengthen the chainstay?

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 4:02 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:

I was lazy and didn't put any extra links and it works. That being said, it's not right. At least measure it and keep in mind the max chaingrowth on the MT is at about 40-50mm travel.
Here's how to measure it, page 29:
https://www.servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/95-3018-020-000_rev_b_eagle_axs_systems_user_manual.pdf

Posted: Apr 9, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:

You can use the same chain in most cases.

B screw adjustment on rear derailleur needs to be checked though.

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
Considering replacing the stock RS coil for something lighter. Has anynone who's done this have any recommendation?

Posted: 3 days ago Quote
irishdg wrote:
Any of the guys with cracks had any more joy with either warranty or replacement? Anyone got a date for getting a replacement frame?
Santa cruz still not able to give a date that I will have it which is pissing me off even more considering they still aren't accepting it as warranty and I'm paying for it! Started this warranty claim on the 18th of January and still not even a date!

I managed to get hold of a new frame from them in the end, but did have to pay (they would not even consider warranty as I covered in the other posts). The main reason I gave up fighting them was as they had one in stock (XXL), which meant I could avoid a potentially huge wait - Not ideal, but for me I didn't want to miss a full summer of riding on it.

As others have said though, it does seem like they don't have any stock of most of their bikes anywhere regardless of being an existing or new customer.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
tristanpalmer wrote:
irishdg wrote:
Any of the guys with cracks had any more joy with either warranty or replacement? Anyone got a date for getting a replacement frame?
Santa cruz still not able to give a date that I will have it which is pissing me off even more considering they still aren't accepting it as warranty and I'm paying for it! Started this warranty claim on the 18th of January and still not even a date!

I managed to get hold of a new frame from them in the end, but did have to pay (they would not even consider warranty as I covered in the other posts). The main reason I gave up fighting them was as they had one in stock (XXL), which meant I could avoid a potentially huge wait - Not ideal, but for me I didn't want to miss a full summer of riding on it.

As others have said though, it does seem like they don't have any stock of most of their bikes anywhere regardless of being an existing or new customer.

I have also been unsuccessful with any form of warranty with the chain mounts, however have been offered a front triangle at a cost - they had one in stock. Not stoked with the result to be honest, but doesn't seem like they care too much and feel like it is just a consumer issue/rider fault. I think some improvements could be made with the actual ISCG mounts on the bike, and also clarity on what is considered manufacturer fault vs rider error in their warranty.

Posted: 1 days ago Quote
What a hell?!??! I see that www.bike-components.de has Megatower and Hightower in stock, but mine LBS doesn't have f*in information about mine order? How is it possible? I paid for my order, but have nothing, and online stores just have them in theirs warehous. It's unfair!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005494
Mobile Version of Website