Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Apr 14, 2021 at 0:16 Quote
W64bitXW wrote:
What a hell?!??! I see that www.bike-components.de has Megatower and Hightower in stock, but mine LBS doesn't have f*in information about mine order? How is it possible? I paid for my order, but have nothing, and online stores just have them in theirs warehous. It's unfair!

Probably ordered so long ago they had priority.
the same website had Commencals in stock, when Commencal's online store did not

Posted: Apr 17, 2021 at 8:10 Quote
My 2021 Megatower S-kit in XXL running Hope v4's and a "Galaxy" sticker kit from Slik Graphics Smile

Got lucky and managed to find one Online in Germany Smile

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 12:37 Quote

A big effort to get it, and a few dead ends, but the new Megatower arrived this week XXL CS kit. I'll count myself lucky

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 13:54 Quote
Beautiful bike man

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 13:59 Quote
Just ordered a frame from Germany, cheaper than the in stock at backcountry.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:08 Quote
Anybody has a lot of chainslap underneath the chainstay near the chainring? Santacruz seems to have adress this issue with placing ribbed plastic underneath the chainstay of the new nomad.

https://shop.santacruzbicycles.com/cs-protector-tb4-c.html

Any idea how to get rid of it on the megatower?

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 14:53 Quote
And as expected, bike didn't arrive on PO delivery date lol. I will continue to collect parts for it and hope it arrives within the next month or two, otherwise I might as well put in an order for a 2022 when available.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 18:22 Quote
marcoroy wrote:
Anybody has a lot of chainslap underneath the chainstay near the chainring? Santacruz seems to have adress this issue with placing ribbed plastic underneath the chainstay of the new nomad.

https://shop.santacruzbicycles.com/cs-protector-tb4-c.html

Any idea how to get rid of it on the megatower?

Get yourself some 3M 2228 rubber tape. Slap that all over the needed areas and you are good to go bub.

Posted: Apr 22, 2021 at 19:05 Quote

180mm E13 Vario dropper post seems to fit quite well on the large frame, in case anyone is wondering. This is basically max insertion for the post

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 4:12 Quote
My santa cruz megatower

Here is my Megatower

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 7:15 Quote
Very nice. Are those stealth EX511's?

Posted: Apr 29, 2021 at 7:29 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
Very nice. Are those stealth EX511's?

Thank you. Yes they are. I think you can just about make out the decal on the rims

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 19:31 Quote
Some upgrades...

OE

Now...Fox 38 & X2, WAO Agent w/I9 1/1, 210 OneUp dropper.

Posted: May 1, 2021 at 20:28 Quote
New Bike Day! Officially a Megatower owner. This is the first 29er, and nicest bike that I've ever owned. I can't wait to ride this thing!

Forgive my pathetic RideWrap installation job.

2021 Megatower C S-Build- Storm Grey
Revin Carbon Hoops
DT350 Hubs w/54T Ratchet upgrade
Galfer 203mm rotors
Peatys valve stems
Pro Taper Carbon 35 bars
Pro Taper Apex stem
Better Bolts titanium bolts
OneUp dropper lever
OneUp 210 dropper
OneUp 100cc pump
SRAM GX AXS
SRAM XX1 52T chain and sprocket
Ergon SM Enduro Comp seat
Synchros fender

Next up:
-Waiting for Rockguardz carbon protector to arrive in mail
-Have Cascade Components rocker to install later on after I ride the bike as is for a little while
-Eventually going to put my Code RSC levers onto the stock Code R calipers, since I have completely stuck pistons in both of my old RSC calipers

Posted: May 4, 2021 at 9:39 Quote
My dropper post housing is stuck in the frame. Reverb w/ hydraulic hose - can't push it in or pull it out from the front end, and can't pull it out from the post end. There's slack so I can pull the post up, but not enough to actually remove it from the seat tube, so I can't peek into the seat tube to see if anything looks weird. Post works fine, no problems, I'm just hunting for a weird new creaking(ish) noise and wanted to eliminate seat/post/hydraulic causes, and discovered this problem.

Anybody had this happen? If so, how'd you fix it?

Thanks,
Mike

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009628
Mobile Version of Website