Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Jul 4, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
MindPatterns wrote:
Hey guys, what are the base tunes for the Rock Shox Super Deluxe Air / Coil the Megatower shipped with last year? Was it M/L for the Air shock?

Can’t remember off the top of my head. Get yourself a megneg… and a voraprung tractive tune!! it’s a great set up!

Posted: Jul 4, 2021 at 23:31 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
MindPatterns wrote:
Hey guys, what are the base tunes for the Rock Shox Super Deluxe Air / Coil the Megatower shipped with last year? Was it M/L for the Air shock?

Can’t remember off the top of my head. Get yourself a megneg… and a voraprung tractive tune!! it’s a great set up!

Already been on a Megatower with a Megneg and wanted to try out a coil shock. I'm more of a Rock Shox than a Fox guy, therefor I'm asking.

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 11:54 Quote
MindPatterns wrote:

I think it was M/M

Posted: Jul 5, 2021 at 12:55 Quote
nubbs wrote:
MindPatterns wrote:

I think it was M/M

Mine has MM printed on it. I think the sticker fell off so can’t check with that though.

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 12:28 Quote
anyone know what size spring is on a super deluxe coil? just got one and unsure on sizing. thanks

Posted: Jul 6, 2021 at 12:39 Quote
From memory about 135mm.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 12:47 Quote
New colors are out for all SC bikes except megatower. Frame refresh soon?

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 12:48 Quote
With the new SC colours coming out, does anyone know of the possible new Megatower colours or talk of a Mk2?

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
That's because they are the same for 2022 as they were for 2021. If following 3 year cycle as they do with every other model, V2 is coming for 2023.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
Nope.. no new colour. so might be a new revised version of it!? It is there Enduro race bike after all. So what changes would everyone like to see? What do you guys like and dislike about the megatower…. Never know, they might be interested to here everyone’s experience using the bike. One of the selling points I like about it was the flip chips, and being able to play about with the geo. But with they move on to the SRAM UDH?
Personally I swapped out to a 170mm Zeb that I prefer to the 160/160mm set up. cable routing for British brake set up was great either… be good if they could move it further forward like the other frames. And likes see some mixed colour options….

Anyone got any changes they would like to see?

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
I spied the new brake spec on the MT.
SRAM HS2 Rotor 200mm

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/bikes/megatower#bike-builder

Page 147 here:
https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/frame-fit-specifications/mtb/2021-mtb-frame-fit-specifications.pdf

I had been riding Galfer Wave DB004W but I like to have more options for use with my RSCs.

I can't find one retail yet.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 14:44 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
Anyone got any changes they would like to see?

Honestly no. I expect the longer, slacker HTA, steeper STA treatment but the current version suits my purposes really well. Not that it can't be improved upon but I'm good right now.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 14:46 Quote
sandiegotrent wrote:
I spied the new brake spec on the MT.
SRAM HS2 Rotor 200mm

https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/bikes/megatower#bike-builder

Page 147 here:
https://www.sram.com/globalassets/document-hierarchy/frame-fit-specifications/mtb/2021-mtb-frame-fit-specifications.pdf

I had been riding Galfer Wave DB004W but I like to have more options for use with my RSCs.

I can't find one retail yet.

2mm thick!

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 17:21 Quote
My guess would be some sort of geometry change to suit mulleting easier? Heard that SC was going to be going mullet-heavy for the near future so who knows! I am VERY happy with my 2021 Megatower and unless something drastically beneficial comes for 2023, I'll probably hold onto this thing for a while.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
Why would they mullet the Megatower when they just mulleted the Bronson? SC has already gone mullet heavy; Bronson, V10 MX, Bullet.
Perhaps some other models will go mullet but the Bronson and Megatower are already pretty similar bikes.

I think they will keep the Mega 29 front and rear, maybe do away with the rear chainstay flip chip and use the sram udh, possibly bump the travel up to 170 front and rear..and maybe somehow integrate a high pivot design into the vpp with an idler?

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005923
Mobile Version of Website