Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Oct 23, 2021 at 19:36 Quote
Summer 2022?? Damn. I wonder if I should sell my large while the selling is good. I feel like it's small compared to all the other big 29er large frames out there.

Anyone have an XL Megatower frame kicking around they want to sell?

Posted: Oct 25, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
I've heard 1st quarter 2022 for the v2 Megatower.

Posted: Oct 26, 2021 at 0:09 Quote
seanluge wrote:

Where did you hear that??

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 9:16 Quote
Did you get sorted? I have the same issue with my Super Deluxe Coil. Sent it back under warranty and new one does exactly the same......

sharpy182 wrote:
605endurbro wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:
Anyone experienced a knocking sounded from the Rockshox deluxe ultimate coil? just picked one up and fitted it, brand new. bit of a clunk under compression.. any ideas?

Is it one single knocking sound during hard, quick compressions? Like if you seat bounced it really hard? If so I have that everyone once and a while whenever I take the spring off and put it back on. It almost seems like it is settling in and in goes away after awhile. Seems like the spring shifts enough to make a noise but then settles into its spot. I've found it goes away after awhile and doesn't seem to be causing any odd damage or rubbing (at least externally).

Yes, that exactly it. maybe it is just needing run and bedded in. cheers to everyone for the help.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
Yeah… kinda just went away after a couple weeks riding. I just put it all down to needing time to settle in. now I just go between the coil and air shock. Prefer the air shock.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
Thanks reply.

Yeah it’s really annoying. I’ll persevere see, if it goes away or I just get used to it.
Agree, bike rides better with an air shock if I’m totally honest.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 12:51 Quote
egibbs78 wrote:
Thanks reply.

Yeah it’s really annoying. I’ll persevere see, if it goes away or I just get used to it.
Agree, bike rides better with an air shock if I’m totally honest.

The Rockshox air shock with the vorsprung tractive tuning is a great addition. world of difference.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
seanluge wrote:

I could get my pee pee smacked if I told you but from a credible source, but you know nothing is ever set in stone. Things could be delayed. My educated guess Is we might hear something in March or April 2022.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 17:09 Quote
My 2022 Tallboy was supposed to arrive in June and didn't get it until the end of October... So...

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 17:12 Quote
seanluge wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:
seanluge wrote:

I could get my pee pee smacked if I told you but from a credible source, but you know nothing is ever set in stone. Things could be delayed. My educated guess Is we might hear something in March or April 2022.

Sounds about right to me as well. I just got a Storm Grey 2021/2022 that I built up to be my dream bike... if the V2 has some sizeable updates then I can see myself jumping ship next year. Megatower is an INCREDIBLE bike so I'm looking forward to seeing what SC has in store for 2023 models.

Posted: Nov 2, 2021 at 18:59 Quote
seanluge wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:
seanluge wrote:

The funniest thing ive read all day.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 0:22 Quote
Pee pee smacked got w lol out of me this morning.

Do you know if there’s any major up dates in design??

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 2:00 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
Pee pee smacked got w lol out of me this morning.

Do you know if there’s any major up dates in design??

I was told by someone who is an SC dealer and sponsored rider that the next Mega will be a mullet. Make of that what you will!

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 3:02 Quote
Hahaha just knew it….. SC really are pushing the mullet…. If that is the case. Really don’t see the point in making the megatower a mullet when you already have the option with the Bronson.

And surely they’ll have to compromise on geo to get it to work.

Posted: Nov 3, 2021 at 3:37 Quote
or just have enough range on the flipchip to have the same bb height with either 29 or 27 wheel. I do know some brands tell that you have to do EVERYTHING regarding the kinematics again for a mullet, but then again other brands just have a 13mm flip chip adjustment and its good to go.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006047
Mobile Version of Website