Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Dec 20, 2021 at 0:56 Quote
mirad wrote:
otherwise today I installed a 220mm sram center line brake disc on the front wheel, new sram brake pads (sintred wet+ powerful) changed the brake fluid and brake it fu..ing good
Brakes Code RSC.

Anyone tried a 220 on the rear yet to see if it fits?

Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 14:42 Quote
No posting anything for sale in the forums are the rules.

Posted: Jan 2, 2022 at 11:23 Quote
Anyone heard anything about the new Megatower, geo changes, colours extra?

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 7:08 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:

I hear it's going to be more expensive LOL

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 7:44 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:

three year cycle suggests its getting overhauled.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 3:28 Quote
tristanpalmer wrote:
mirad wrote:
otherwise today I installed a 220mm sram center line brake disc on the front wheel, new sram brake pads (sintred wet+ powerful) changed the brake fluid and brake it fu..ing good
Brakes Code RSC.

I have the magura mdr-p 220 rotor in the rear too. Fits well, works well,helps deal with the heat issues that come with my weightclass.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 5:00 Quote
yeti85 wrote:
tristanpalmer wrote:
mirad wrote:
Brakes Code RSC.

I have the magura mdr-p 220 rotor in the rear too. Fits well, works well,helps deal with the heat issues that come with my weightclass.

Interesting, do you have much clearance between the rotor and brake mount on the frame?

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 4:42 Quote
tristanpalmer wrote:
yeti85 wrote:
tristanpalmer wrote:

Interesting, do you have much clearance between the rotor and brake mount on the frame?

Getting my shock and fork back from service tomorrow...gonna take some pictures of that and try to measure the gap. But wasn't really a problem from the start. Recall checking the SC documentation and it seemed fine, which matches my experience.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 7:38 Quote
If anyone is looking at the Hayes Dominions but unsure, I highly recommend them.
Trickstuff 200mm rotors front and rear on my megatower with the dominions and the stopping power and consistency is unreal.
I'm 200 lbs out of the shower and ride mostly black and dbl and they just don't fade.
Also quiet which was an unexpected bonus.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 1:25 Quote
tristanpalmer wrote:
yeti85 wrote:
tristanpalmer wrote:

There's enough room as you can hopefully see

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 18:11 Quote
I'm seeing some talk about a V2 Mega in the works.

What do people think even needs updating? I can barely think of anything.

The only thing I'd possibly like is a straight ZS56 headtube (like the Pivot) so you could tweak reach and H/A a bit.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 18:24 Quote
Linc wrote:

The only thing I'd possibly like is a straight ZS56 headtube (like the Pivot) so you could tweak reach and H/A a bit.

It needs a lot.

That thing pedalled like a turd imo. On an xl. Needs an actual steep seat tube angle, better rear dropouts, straight 1.5" headtube, longer chain stays on bigger sizes, less pedal feedback, not an integrated headset.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 18:27 Quote
My guess is a slacker headtube angle, steeper seat tube angle, a bump to 170mm travel and no more chainstay adjustment w/ sram UDH.

Hopefully that's all..I pray they don't have some high pivot VPP in the works.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 18:29 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Linc wrote:

It needs a lot.

That thing pedalled like a turd imo. On an xl. Needs an actual steep seat tube angle, better rear dropouts, straight 1.5" headtube, longer chain stays on bigger sizes, less pedal feedback, not an integrated headset.

I find it pedals amazingly for a burly bike. Even with the 5 lbs of weight I've added to mine it shrugs off 50+ km, 2000+ m rides.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008393
Mobile Version of Website