Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 12:53 Quote
samoooli wrote:
p0zi wrote:
Doing the winter rebuild and putting on some new RF Atlas cranks. What 30mm BSA BB fits out there? Not a lot of space on that chainstay and I understand KIngs don’t fit.

RF bb looks like it may be good but I’ve never had good luck with their BB.

I have the hope 30mm one, fits like a glove

Interesting...... no interference at all?

Looks like Wheels is out of stock but I can snag a Hope 30mm. I've never been one to say no to Hope.

Honestly biggest gripe I have about this bike is the left-side BB access. Unless you have a half-round tool you have to completely depressurize or remove the shock to get a tool in there.

O+
Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 17:26 Quote
Outlier here but ive been running the same raceface 30mm bb for about 4 years now on 4 different bikes with minimal maintenance. Might be ok

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 23:20 Quote
p0zi wrote:
samoooli wrote:
p0zi wrote:
Doing the winter rebuild and putting on some new RF Atlas cranks. What 30mm BSA BB fits out there? Not a lot of space on that chainstay and I understand KIngs don’t fit.

I have the hope 30mm one, fits like a glove

Interesting...... no interference at all?

Looks like Wheels is out of stock but I can snag a Hope 30mm. I've never been one to say no to Hope.

Honestly biggest gripe I have about this bike is the left-side BB access. Unless you have a half-round tool you have to completely depressurize or remove the shock to get a tool in there.

Nope goes good. And the bearings are mint

Posted: Jan 23, 2022 at 23:41 Quote
I'm upgrading the RS Super Deluxe air into a coil one, any suggestions on the spring I should choose? I've been trying out different calculators but the results seem to vary quite a lot (anything from 300 to 500 lbs) so either it's up to my preferences or then I just don't know how to use them Smile My weight with usual light gear is around 170lbs/77kgs and I mostly drive around bike parks trying to avoid the biggest jumps.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 0:38 Quote
JeanBe wrote:
I'm upgrading the RS Super Deluxe air into a coil one, any suggestions on the spring I should choose? I've been trying out different calculators but the results seem to vary quite a lot (anything from 300 to 500 lbs) so either it's up to my preferences or then I just don't know how to use them Smile My weight with usual light gear is around 170lbs/77kgs and I mostly drive around bike parks trying to avoid the biggest jumps.

I'm your weight, quite average rider enjoying parks on my mega and I have 500lbs spring

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 6:43 Quote
^nice thanks, I think I’ll go with the 500 then. I’d like to avoid a saggy rear.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:21 Quote
Nobody likes a saggy rear lol

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 7:30 Quote
I was very close adding ”what comes to bikes” but then I realized it must be an universal truth whatever the subject Big Grin

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
p0zi wrote:

Cane Creek Hellbender is another option. It's a nice BB.

O+
Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 15:16 Quote
Went into my LBS to see what they had. Ended up fitting a Wheels MFG bottom bracket, it juuuuust fits. Nice looking BB too that looks easy to service.

OD is 49mm and it’s a close fit. Can see light through with a flashlight though.

Posted: Jan 24, 2022 at 22:34 Quote
JeanBe wrote:
^nice thanks, I think I’ll go with the 500 then. I’d like to avoid a saggy rear.

Check out Spindex coil springs, you can getcan adjustable 500-550

I'm around 190 with gear, 540-610 is perfect for me.

Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 0:19 Quote
seanluge wrote:
Check out Spindex coil springs, you can getcan adjustable 500-550

I'm around 190 with gear, 540-610 is perfect for me.

Oh this was a good find, thanks. Would be perfect to have some adjustability, will def look into this.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2022 at 9:57 Quote
Anyone running a rear 220mm rotor in the long chainstay position? I'm guessing I'd just need a +20mm adapter stacked on the current proprietary one and longer bolts cut to the proper length?

O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 22:44 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
Anyone running a rear 220mm rotor in the long chainstay position? I'm guessing I'd just need a +20mm adapter stacked on the current proprietary one and longer bolts cut to the proper length?

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012438
Mobile Version of Website