Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Mar 20, 2022 at 9:52 Quote
Is anyone running a cascade link? And thoughts on it? I’m running ohlins ttx22 feel great but it’s not rough riding where I am.

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 4:46 Quote
Frame Storage, a bit slacker and flip chip. I know a guy…

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 6:11 Quote
kcw72 wrote:

That was all expected, BUT WHEN??!?!?!?! Been waiting on a warranty Megatower frame since December 2020, so would be cool if it could turn into a new model

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 7:13 Quote
christiaan wrote:
kcw72 wrote:

That was all expected, BUT WHEN??!?!?!?! Been waiting on a warranty Megatower frame since December 2020, so would be cool if it could turn into a new model

Last I heard, not this month but very soon.

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
christiaan wrote:
kcw72 wrote:

Thats odd. Santa cruz offered me a replacement megatower last year when I broke my hightower LT frame. They had them in stock.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
Flip chip… what you mean another one? Already comes with two of them. Has any actually seen one, or a dealer photo??

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 11:49 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
christiaan wrote:
kcw72 wrote:

Thats odd. Santa cruz offered me a replacement megatower last year when I broke my hightower LT frame. They had them in stock.

Tell me about it, the first time whenI got the MT for the HT LT that cracked it was fast, now it sucks

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 14:52 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
Flip chip… what you mean another one? Already comes with two of them. Has any actually seen one, or a dealer photo??

I wished they would stop with that nonsense. I don't want to have to compromise my seat tube angle to get the headtube angle I want. Doesn't everyone just run it in low and leave it there? I have never even considered running it in high.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 17:17 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:

I wished they would stop with that nonsense. I don't want to have to compromise my seat tube angle to get the headtube angle I want. Doesn't everyone just run it in low and leave it there? I have never even considered running it in high.

I run mine in high to help avoid pedal strikes and that works great for me.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 17:53 Quote
Yeah i think the ability to switch positions for more snappy handling is cool especially if it was my only bike, but i do understand wanting the slackest head angle paired with steepest seat angle.

Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 22:08 Quote
I used to switch mine to high for big pedalling days, I think I noticed a SLIGHTLY better pedaling position. Anymore, eh screw it

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 5:51 Quote
Hi There,

For frenchspeakers (and others who could just have a look to the pictures) here is the first spyshot of the megatower 2023

https://www.vojomag.com/news/spyshot-santa-cruz-un-nouveau-megatower-en-preparation/

Cheers

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 6:20 Quote
I'm still trying to find out some real info on the hi/lo setting with the flip chip. I know how the geometry chages and all that but still cannot really get my head around which should I use. I'm mainly riding at bike parks so not really interested on climbing abilities.

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 7:28 Quote
No more flip chip in chainstay?

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 7:58 Quote
christiaan wrote:
No more flip chip in chainstay?

Santa Cruz already said everything was going to UDH, which means no chainstay flip chips.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012952
Mobile Version of Website