Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
tgent wrote:
fredro wrote:
I have an ebike for long pedaling days, a down country bike sb115, and a nomad for bike park laps.

The yeti hasn’t been ridden since ebike purchase and I want something similar to the nomad, but with big wheels. Love the 29ers. The MT would perfectly fit the bill.

I appreciate the input though.

Are you keeping the sb115? That would make a ton of sense and completely negate my comment, I understood you were selling it. The e bike helps, though again it's very area specific, there aren't enough trails in my area that allow them to make the MT my "only" real bike option.

I'm trying to buy a Transition Spur for this same reason. Unfortunately been waiting since release lol.

I have the sb115 listed for sale along with my nomad, but I'm in no rush to sell. The MT2 along with my ebike pretty much covers all the riding I'm doing. But I get the itch to build something new every 2 years or so. I rarely keep bikes longer than 2-3 years, unless I really like them. I like trying new stuff so I'm constantly looking to build/alter my stable.

N+1+1+1......

Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
wheelspeed wrote:

Got the V2 CC frame in, just waiting on rotors and spacers. Hopefully 1st ride this weekend.

Looks nice!! Thoughts on the colour… is it good in person? Better than in the photos?

Enjoy the new bike… let’s us know your thoughts after the first few rides.

Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
Caveirex wrote:
christiaan wrote:
PJJ205 wrote:
We got frames and a complete in on release day... Not sure if they're even been put up for sale yet, but sounds like most local shops had CC frames in hand on launch day.

If only Europe had frames too…. :-(

In Portugal, neither frames or complete bikes Frown Frown Frown
More than 6 months of waiting for delivery...maybe i have to think of buying other brand Frown

There is : Megatower 2 C / L / GX AXS Coil / Matte Nickel available in Austria

Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 10:00 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
wheelspeed wrote:

Got the V2 CC frame in, just waiting on rotors and spacers. Hopefully 1st ride this weekend.

Looks nice!! Thoughts on the colour… is it good in person? Better than in the photos?

Enjoy the new bike… let’s us know your thoughts after the first few rides.

I like the color honestly, not too flashy... just classy and wont show dirt too much.

Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 13:44 Quote
wheelspeed wrote:

where did you buy the frame?, I have tried to search and all say that the cc frames arrive in July....

Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 14:22 Quote
vondrus wrote:
Caveirex wrote:
christiaan wrote:

If only Europe had frames too…. :-(

In Portugal, neither frames or complete bikes Frown Frown Frown
More than 6 months of waiting for delivery...maybe i have to think of buying other brand Frown

There is : Megatower 2 C / L / GX AXS Coil / Matte Nickel available in Austria

Need a Small one Smile

Posted: Apr 30, 2022 at 16:12 Quote
Hello everyone!
At the moment i have a 2020 rallon with fox 36 and x2 kashima. I have been looking for a megatower fry sauce (pink color) with ohlins suspension (36 rxf m2 and ttx coil). Do you guys think that is a upgrade?
I have a friend that he trade a trek slash for a megatower and he loves it.
Thank you guys!

Posted: Apr 30, 2022 at 19:59 Quote
A large blue CS build is available at mud sweat and gears in Edmonton

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 6:09 Quote
Big-griff wrote:
Hey guys, having a bit of an issue with my Megatower I think, maybe I’m overthinking this.

Running a Push 11-6 shock and a couple weeks ago I noticed a bit of play in the rear suspension. Don’t really notice it while riding but noticed it when I was stopped and kind of bounced on the seat or pedals. Flip the bike upside down and can get a bit of play if I move the rear triangle up and down. I think it’s a hardware issue, Push thinks it might be a valving issue.

In the meantime, I put my Fox X2 back in and there is no play in the rear suspension but again when bouncing on the seat or pedals I am getting a knocking sound which sounds like it’s coming from the down tube area.

With both shocks, the issues are more noticeable in the firm modes.

Any insight on this would be awesome.

Can you relate to this? Is it the same issue?
Any Ideias on this fully extended knock?

Already slowed down the rebound...

https://youtu.be/XC50veItp64

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 7:29 Quote
RicBasil wrote:
Big-griff wrote:
Hey guys, having a bit of an issue with my Megatower I think, maybe I’m overthinking this.

Running a Push 11-6 shock and a couple weeks ago I noticed a bit of play in the rear suspension. Don’t really notice it while riding but noticed it when I was stopped and kind of bounced on the seat or pedals. Flip the bike upside down and can get a bit of play if I move the rear triangle up and down. I think it’s a hardware issue, Push thinks it might be a valving issue.

In the meantime, I put my Fox X2 back in and there is no play in the rear suspension but again when bouncing on the seat or pedals I am getting a knocking sound which sounds like it’s coming from the down tube area.

When was the last time you replaced the shock bushings? Those can wear over time and result in a slight vertical play.

Posted: May 6, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
RicBasil wrote:
Big-griff wrote:

Alrighty.

Looks like the shock damper needs service. If you have the rebound set to slower than normal. Then the shocks still has "top out" noise like the video. It likely means the damper oil is aerated and needs to be re-bled and needs a service.

Get that coil shock serviced. That super deluxe model is pretty reliable but all shocks need service at some point.

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
Hey guys I’ve had a Meg neg on mine a while now, just wondering if any of you guys have and what settings are we running ? Thanks.

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
Billyskye wrote:
Hey guys I’ve had a Meg neg on mine a while now, just wondering if any of you guys have and what settings are we running ? Thanks.

I’ve got one on mine….. 4 bands in the negative… one token in the positive…. and 20% more air pressure to whatever they recommend for your weight.
I’ve also added a vorsprung upgrade to mine and it really does work well with the megneg.

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 10:23 Quote
sharpy182 wrote:
Billyskye wrote:

I’ve got one on mine….. 4 bands in the negative… one token in the positive…. and 20% more air pressure to whatever they recommend for your weight.
I’ve also added a vorsprung upgrade to mine and it really does work well with the megneg.

Nice, what weight are you if you don’t mind me asking? And what rebound and lsc are you running? I’m currently running 1 negative band with 240psi it feels okay but yea allways on the hunt for better

Posted: May 7, 2022 at 13:30 Quote
Billyskye wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:
Billyskye wrote:

Nice, what weight are you if you don’t mind me asking? And what rebound and lsc are you running? I’m currently running 1 negative band with 240psi it feels okay but yea allways on the hunt for better

So I take it you weigh around 192lbs? do you not find with running only 1 band in the negative you to soft off the top??
I’m 190lbs…. 2 clicks of rebound and 3 lsc. that said, I’ve got the vorsprung in it, so it’ll feel different. Try adding more bands to the negative chamber.. you don’t need that much negative space.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009760
Mobile Version of Website