Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: May 19, 2022 at 13:36 Quote
Good eye, that's lens distortion from the wide angle.

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 22:43 Quote
Probably been asked a heap, and potentially not exactly the right place to ask this..

But what grease are people using for their VPP? Preferably in the UK as I'd like to order a tube and not pay huge shippings costs. Got my eyes on a HILKA grease gun from Screwfix that has been recommended on another forum, but still unsure about what grease is safe to use

Any recommendations/experiences please!

Cheers

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
Marc2204 wrote:
Probably been asked a heap, and potentially not exactly the right place to ask this..

But what grease are people using for their VPP? Preferably in the UK as I'd like to order a tube and not pay huge shippings costs. Got my eyes on a HILKA grease gun from Screwfix that has been recommended on another forum, but still unsure about what grease is safe to use

Cheers

recently bought me a tube of SKF bearing grease. Seems well sticky

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 6:21 Quote
Marc2204 wrote:

Cheers

Waterproof marine grease. I don't the brand matters that much.

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 12:58 Quote
jeremy3220 wrote:
Marc2204 wrote:

Cheers

Waterproof marine grease. I don't the brand matters that much.

Yeah I have always just gone to the local auto supply store and got a tube of marine grease.

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 14:35 Quote

So it begins...

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 21:40 Quote
fredro wrote:

So it begins...
Sweet!!! Did you end up just buying a CC frame?

Posted: Jun 13, 2022 at 22:25 Quote
Yes, CC frame. Medium.

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 6:34 Quote
My Megatower V2

My new MT. Swapped all my parts from my previous bike and built up my other one as basically brand new (just need to sell it now).

I love this thing

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 6:52 Quote
eightdown wrote:
My Megatower V2

My new MT. Swapped all my parts from my previous bike and built up my other one as basically brand new (just need to sell it now).

I love this thing
Good looking bike! Post some more up if you get a chance, thing looks great with that Pistachio 38! Wish I would have gotten my hands on one when they came out, but I heard that there are some new colors coming relatively soon. You did exactly what I am planning to do with my current MT when my V2 decides to arrive. My V2 is supposed to show up tomorrow but I HIGHLY doubt it will show any time soon at this point...

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
eightdown wrote:
My Megatower V2

I love this thing

Very nice!

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 9:19 Quote
Pistachio 38 looks awesome with that frame color!

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
What a beauty! The gum grips are a nice touch.

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
Might be the first frame I've actually felt the pistachio fox color looks good on

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 14:11 Quote
I worried about how they’d look. I’ve seen some blue bikes that they just don’t look good on. Luckily this is a darker blue and the logo matches nicely.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010440
Mobile Version of Website