Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Oct 8, 2022 at 5:03 Quote
slloyd633 wrote:
PJJ205 wrote:
Try a Cascade Components link to see if it provides more room

That's a really good idea. Ill call them up and see what they say.

If anyone finds this in the future using search. the answer was no. My issue was not the stroke or the link but the nipple on the air can couldn't clear the frame. So I'm selling the shock

Posted: Oct 14, 2022 at 19:27 Quote
photo
photo

MT2 in the bike park. Really digging this ride. Feeling really comfy...

Posted: Oct 15, 2022 at 20:58 Quote
is the megatower v2 still a noisy bike? I rode my cousins V4 Bronson and was just surprise how quiet that thing rode even on chunky sections of the trails.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2022 at 21:01 Quote
jeiR wrote:
is the megatower v2 still a noisy bike? I rode my cousins V4 Bronson and was just surprise how quiet that thing rode even on chunky sections of the trails.

The noise is in how you pack the glove box.

Posted: Oct 15, 2022 at 21:32 Quote
Starsky686 wrote:
jeiR wrote:

Interesting. I was thinking of actually leaving the glove box empty. I watched the Pinkbike recent review and they pointed out how the megatower v2 was making noises on the rear part of the bike. could be just chain slap maybe?

Posted: Oct 15, 2022 at 23:59 Quote
jeiR wrote:
Starsky686 wrote:
jeiR wrote:

Interesting. I was thinking of actually leaving the glove box empty. I watched the Pinkbike recent review and they pointed out how the megatower v2 was making noises on the rear part of the bike. could be just chain slap maybe?

if v2 has a similar chainstay rubber as v1 that is kinda minimal. Been thinking of putting stfu chain damper on mine for some time now or at least mastic tape

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2022 at 2:19 Quote
jeiR wrote:
Starsky686 wrote:
jeiR wrote:

If I recall they mentioned the AXS Derailleur, possibly being the source.

the bike is fundamentally similar to the Bronson, so similarly equipped it should sound very close

Posted: Oct 16, 2022 at 5:49 Quote
I have AXS on my MT2, and pack tools and a spare tube in the stash box. My bike is dead silent. Onyx hubs also help with the silence.

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 5:26 Quote
Anyone running a Fidlock on there MT with fox X2 experiencing poor clearance between shock reservoir and bottle?
Size medium frame
photo
photo

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 5:41 Quote
steveo825 wrote:
Anyone running a Fidlock on there MT with fox X2 experiencing poor clearance between shock reservoir and bottle?
Size medium frame
photo
photo
Yes. I had the exact same issue. I finally managed to get hold of a sc side mount cage and now there’s plenty clearance . It was also nice to rid the bike of the fidlock bottle rattle

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 5:51 Quote
Thanks for quick reply.

I never experienced any rattle with my Fidlock.
Prob because it’s jammed tight against shock

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 6:14 Quote
I have mt2/x2 and Fidlock with no issues and no rattling.

You can use the smaller bottle too to help.

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 6:22 Quote
590ml is as small as I’d go for a water bottle.
Good to know though

Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 8:30 Quote
Reference pic and reason to whore my bike! Pimp

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2022 at 10:06 Quote
That's alot of stack Fredro. It feels good to you like that?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039391
Mobile Version of Website