Looking for a decent starter bike, advice?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Looking for a decent starter bike, advice?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 1, 2019 at 11:01 Quote
Hello, complete beginner here. I've been considering getting into BMX for a while but i'm still unsure of which bike to choose. Having already done some digging here on this forum I have a good idea of what i'm looking for but don't know exactly what, e.g. brand, model etc. What's a decent starter bike in the 200-300$ range? Granted that my budget's relatively low i'm fine with finding a used bike. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

O+
Posted: May 1, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
I wouldn't worry about brand too much. I'd mostly be looking of something that has 100% chromoly frame (and if the frame specs list just some tubes as chromoly skip it), sealed bearings in the hubs, headset and bottom bracket, double wall rims and chromoly forks. Ideally you want chromoly bars too but those are easier to change and there is a good chance you might change them anyway depending on your preference. Also find something with a Top tube length that fits you. How tall are you?

The only semi-decent new complete that is in your price range is the Mongoose L100. You are going to want to be buying a new stem, pedals and grips pretty much right away. At $300 you are probably going to have better luck used...

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
First off.....I totally agree with 93EXCivic. But if your budget is that constrained and depending on your size... Eastern Javelin would be about as low end as i would go $319
https://easternbikes.com/collections/2019-bmx/products/javelin-2019

photo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009045
Mobile Version of Website