2019 Bronson vs 2018 Process 153

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2019 Bronson vs 2018 Process 153
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 1, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
I'm ready for a new bike and am having trouble deciding between the 2018 Process 153 CR or the 2019 Bronson C S build. You can find the Konas for 3k online and I could get the Bronson CS for 5k. I'm wondering if any owner's out there can help me with some feedback. I have ridden both bikes, however I rode an aluminum Kona at a bike park in Colorado, so I'm not sure how it would handle itself on non park trails. I ride a mix of xc trail too because I live in Milwaukee and that'sall there is around here. I regularly travel to the U.P. and out west to ride and want to start dabbling in enduro races. Is the 2019 Bronson worth the extra $2k? Will it climb that much better than the Kona? I'm ready to pull the trigger and buy, just not sure I can justify the extra 2k

Posted: May 1, 2019 at 20:25 Quote
You cannot go wrong either way. Read the reviews of each, and see which one matches up with your style of riding and where you ride specifically.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
I took out the megatower and my wife took out a bronson and a megatower. The SC bikes pedal amazingly efficiently. I could pedal standing on the megatower with limited bobbing. My wife found the bronson was at least as good if not better. The SC bikes are really tight. You can ride the shit out of them and they remain smooth, quiet and plush. They stand behind their products and give you free bearings every year so you have no excuse for your bronson not to ride like it is new. The new shock placement is pretty sweet on the new SC's going down too. I am a big fan, as you can see.

I have a Ti Honzo. The quality is meh. I'm sure the process would be a fine bike. I suspect it will feel old when riding it within a year or so, especially with park riding. Kona is great for the price point but in my experience do not wear nearly as well as a SC. That being said, I think Kona stands behind their product well. When my Ti Honzo cracked I had a new one in no time. That being said, I always choose the bike that I don't think I will need to use the warranty - in this case the bronson.

+ look how nice this bike looks!!!!!!!

photo

Posted: May 2, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
reedholden wrote:
I took out the megatower and my wife took out a bronson and a megatower. The SC bikes pedal amazingly efficiently. I could pedal standing on the megatower with limited bobbing. My wife found the bronson was at least as good if not better. The SC bikes are really tight. You can ride the shit out of them and they remain smooth, quiet and plush. They stand behind their products and give you free bearings every year so you have no excuse for your bronson not to ride like it is new. The new shock placement is pretty sweet on the new SC's going down too. I am a big fan, as you can see.

I have a Ti Honzo. The quality is meh. I'm sure the process would be a fine bike. I suspect it will feel old when riding it within a year or so, especially with park riding. Kona is great for the price point but in my experience do not wear nearly as well as a SC. That being said, I think Kona stands behind their product well. When my Ti Honzo cracked I had a new one in no time. That being said, I always choose the bike that I don't think I will need to use the warranty - in this case the bronson.

+ look how nice this bike looks!!!!!!!

photo

I agree the Bronson does look waaay better than the Kona! My friend has the blue so I'll be getting the gray frame. I need it to be my "one bike" so I've been leaning towards the Bronson for that reason. I took the cash out to buy it yesterday and started second guessing myself. Warranty is important cause I'll probably keep this bike for 4-5 years and if the SC bikes keep running plush for years I'm all in. Bronson it is.

Posted: May 4, 2019 at 3:39 Quote
Hi, first of all I Don't know very the Kona bike but I can talk to you about the Santa Cruz Bronson. I ride this bike for 2 years and I change it fot anything ! It's the perfect bike to mixt between a lot of practices of bikes… I use it for enduro session mainly but I already realized some many trips and long distances with this bike and it's a very good agreement between a gravity bike and a cross country bike. I want to said this bike go down very weel without overlook the performance to climb up. It's the perfect to enduro race and enjoy your ride in all the trails existing.

For me the more 2k Worth it because i haven't some good return of Kona bikes.

O+ FL
Posted: May 22, 2019 at 9:28 Quote
wisconsend wrote:
I'm ready for a new bike and am having trouble deciding between the 2018 Process 153 CR or the 2019 Bronson C S build. You can find the Konas for 3k online and I could get the Bronson CS for 5k. I'm wondering if any owner's out there can help me with some feedback. I have ridden both bikes, however I rode an aluminum Kona at a bike park in Colorado, so I'm not sure how it would handle itself on non park trails. I ride a mix of xc trail too because I live in Milwaukee and that'sall there is around here. I regularly travel to the U.P. and out west to ride and want to start dabbling in enduro races. Is the 2019 Bronson worth the extra $2k? Will it climb that much better than the Kona? I'm ready to pull the trigger and buy, just not sure I can justify the extra 2k

I don't think Kona will warranty their Carbon frames and I'm pretty sure SC is lifetime warranty. Food for thought

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 7:04 Quote
Kona make some of the most reliable bikes out there these days. I had the first gen process 153 and was impressed with build quality. I have no experience with SC or with carbon Kona bikes, but I don't think quality should be a concern.

The 'bike feeling old and tired within a year' I honestly think components contribute to this more than anything. A creaky fork crown will make any bike feel old and beat.

Posted: May 24, 2019 at 8:16 Quote
wisconsend wrote:

No, the Santa Cruz is not worth 40% more. Not even close. If they were the same price, sure, I'd go for the Bronson, but the Kona isn't far behind - it's a great bike. Pedaling is a bit squishy on the 27.5" version; 29" version has more anti-squat and will be firmer.

Consider how the price may affect your budget. If, for example, you can replace the Kona in three years and the Bronson in five, it's definitely better to ride cheaper, fresher bikes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007590
Mobile Version of Website