Rs pike or reveleation or canecreek helm air

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Rs pike or reveleation or canecreek helm air
| Next Page
Posted: May 5, 2019 at 2:03 Quote
endorium wrote:
I upgraded to an oil open bath damper for £150. It's now better than a pike Smile

What damper did you upgrade to? That's cheaper than a charger damper and if it's better that makes it a good deal.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
jedvidlim wrote:
justwan-naride wrote:
I'd at least go for a Pike. The motion control's problem is not big hits, it's successive ones. Hit a few bumps fast enough and it struggles.

I've upgraded my Yari with debonair and it's an improvement over the stock air spring, but still is inferior to my friends' pikes. Still on ok fork, but since you're upgrading, why not go all the way?

so between the revelation and pike.. the only difference are the dampers? revs using motion control and pike using charger?

But going back a bit (2017 and back IIRC), the Revelation was a 32mm unit. The longest travel 32mm RS had in their lineup.

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 22:39 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
jedvidlim wrote:
justwan-naride wrote:
I'd at least go for a Pike. The motion control's problem is not big hits, it's successive ones. Hit a few bumps fast enough and it struggles.

I've upgraded my Yari with debonair and it's an improvement over the stock air spring, but still is inferior to my friends' pikes. Still on ok fork, but since you're upgrading, why not go all the way?

so between the revelation and pike.. the only difference are the dampers? revs using motion control and pike using charger?

But going back a bit (2017 and back IIRC), the Revelation was a 32mm unit. The longest travel 32mm RS had in their lineup.

@skip

So 35mm stanchions are now better with consecutive hits with the revelation?

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 23:24 Quote
jedvidlim wrote:
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
jedvidlim wrote:

@skip

That would probably be the same as before (as it's still using the MC damper).
You were asking about the differences between the Pike and the Rev. And the change from the 32mm chassis is quite a big one, as it's massively stiffer in 35mm guise.
The 32mm Revs at 150mm fit the "wet noodle" analogy lol

Posted: May 5, 2019 at 23:44 Quote
SkipSkovhugger wrote:
jedvidlim wrote:
SkipSkovhugger wrote:

@skip

That would probably be the same as before (as it's still using the MC damper).
You were asking about the differences between the Pike and the Rev. And the change from the 32mm chassis is quite a big one, as it's massively stiffer in 35mm guise.
The 32mm Revs at 150mm fit the "wet noodle" analogy lol

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I spoke too soon. Right now stilll confused on which to get. Hahaha

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 0:54 Quote
update. got a cane creek helm. Smile

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010098
Mobile Version of Website