Tire pressure gauge for fat bike

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Tire pressure gauge for fat bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 2, 2019 at 19:59 Quote
Just bought my first fat bike. I know accurate tire pressure is essential for different terrains. So I was wondering what low pressure tire gauge people are using for their rides and if they are any good.

Thanks

O+
Posted: May 8, 2019 at 14:56 Quote
the Accu-gauge 15psi works well. Lots of gauges aren’t very accurate at very low pressures, sometimes 20-30% off.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
I've been using the Planet Bike Fat Max 15 pressure gauge for over a year now and I'm very happy with it.
$18 at MEC.

Posted: May 9, 2019 at 18:45 Quote
Illorgan wrote:
the Accu-gauge 15psi works well. Lots of gauges aren’t very accurate at very low pressures, sometimes 20-30% off.

Fully agree with this recommendation. The Planet Bike Fat Max is probably fine, too, but the Accu-Gauge feels nicer.

If you need something compact enough to take on the trail, this should work.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
jak-fat wrote:
I've been using the Planet Bike Fat Max 15 pressure gauge for over a year now and I'm very happy with it.
$18 at MEC.

I was looking at that one at MEC. ....how is it holding up? Solid? I've heard if u accidentally drop some of these then they are pretty much done.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 16:35 Quote
jak-fat wrote:
$18 at MEC.

Totally agree! Have been using this same model for over a year also and seems quite accurate

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2020 at 19:07 Quote
RonB wrote:
jak-fat wrote:
$18 at MEC.

Totally agree! Have been using this same model for over a year also and seems quite accurate

My experience too. Good gauge at a great price.
Gets you into the ball park for pressure and you will probably find what pressure is close to what you like.
I started higher pressure than I should have and think I am down around 6 or 7 psi according to the gauge.
Bontrager Gnarwhal 27x3.8.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 6:28 Quote
Got the planet bike from mec also, used it once to see that my front was at 3.5 psi and rear was at 4, I dropped the rear to 3.5 and saw and immediate change in grip. My point is that without a proper gauge I wouldnt of known what i was running in my tires and by droping half a psi i saw a difference.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 8:09 Quote
Illorgan wrote:

x2 on the accu-gauge

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2020 at 10:36 Quote
Schwalbe airmax pro digital tire gauge. Works well on the low tire pressures on my fat bike as well as the pressures on my FS enduro. No need for two seperate gauges. Pretty cheap too. I only use presta on my bikes but they claim it will work on schraeder valves too.

Posted: Apr 22, 2020 at 3:53 Quote
Schwalbe standard air digi gauge has worked on/off for me

Just remember that if tubeless sealant finds it's way in to gauge head then it will read inaccurately

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013485
Mobile Version of Website