Difference in fork oil weight?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Difference in fork oil weight?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
LennyDoom wrote:
Hi all, I have a question. How can I clean old oil? Can I use Cleaner/Degreaser or better gasoline solvent?

It's usually not that critical to remove every last drop of old oil. If you're talking about removing it from the fork, you'll want to fully disassemble everything to ensure the solvents have a chance to evaporate before reassembly. Wipe down with suspension fluid before reassembly to remove solvent residue. Avoid solvents on any rubber elements.

Really not necessary, though.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 7:55 Quote
So just ordered a bottle of the maxima plush 10wt oil for my lower leg service on my pike. Hoping I’ll notice a difference in this vs the stock 0w-30 RS suspension oil. Has anyone used this and noticed any differences?

Posted: Feb 13, 2020 at 0:41 Quote
fantasisticmtbme wrote:
So just ordered a bottle of the maxima plush 10wt oil for my lower leg service on my pike. Hoping I’ll notice a difference in this vs the stock 0w-30 RS suspension oil. Has anyone used this and noticed any differences?
I dont think you can notice it. the oil is there just to lubricate the contact patches. Bigger difference should be if you change the damping oil for a different one.

Posted: May 11, 2020 at 21:03 Quote
pepazz wrote:
fantasisticmtbme wrote:
I dont think you can notice it. the oil is there just to lubricate the contact patches. Bigger difference should be if you change the damping oil for a different one.

100% what you said. Pike has closed damper cartridge. This lower leg oil is literally just to lubricate seals and bushings

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
The W in oil grade symbolizes Winter. A lower number which translates to less viscosity is much suitable for winter. 0W oil will flow up to a temperature of -30 degree Celsius while 5W will flow up to a temperature of -25 degree Celsius.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 0:47 Quote
I am tempted to try the oil from DANICO BIOTECH (Air Chamber & Lower Leg Oil | 0W30) to replace the rock shox one in the lowers of pikes and lyriks, any feedback / opinion on the product?

https://r2-bike.com/DANICO-BIOTECH-Air-Chamber-Lower-Leg-Oil-0W30-250-ml_1

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.036260
Mobile Version of Website