Oneup components dropper post not returning fully

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Oneup components dropper post not returning fully
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 6, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
I've had a Oneup components dropper post for about 3 months and in the last week it won't return to full extension.
I've done a full service as per the Oneup components website.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, what was the solution?

Many thanks

Dom

O+
Posted: May 6, 2019 at 7:56 Quote
mych79 wrote:
I've had a Oneup components dropper post for about 3 months and in the last week it won't return to full extension.
I've done a full service as per the Oneup components website.
Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, what was the solution?

Many thanks

Dom

I had the same thing happen after about three months. I found that it only had about 150 psi when they recommend 250 - 300 psi. I bumped it up to 275 and it's back in action. I'm going to keep an eye on it to see if it loses any pressure going forward. Good luck!

O+
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 2:56 Quote
I had the same problem, about 3 months in. Checked the pressure and it was at around 130 psi. Put 250 in it and it has been fine ever since.

Posted: May 7, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
Thanks for the replies, I should have said I've pumped it up already.
I'll check it again.

Posted: Jun 21, 2019 at 12:54 Quote
Hi I have a warranty replacement OneUp Dropper 170mm, working perfectly with a WolfTooth Remote.
A few months ago it stopped fully returning. I tried everything below, and found the white bush under the collar was too tight. Popped it up, removed it from the shaft and had full return. Lightly sanded it inside and out until it went in smooth, regreased and refit. Hasn't happened since.

-250-300 psi - done to 300?

-Top cap seal dry/dirty - Open it up, test, clean/lightly grease as needed, test.

-White bush under cap too tight - remove, test, sand thinner if too tight.
-Seat post clamp bolts too tight - my frame spec is 5nm, first post would not work over 3nm. Current post works ok at 5nm.

-Isolate post / lever from frame

-Isolate actuator from lever - remove cable, ferrule, test manually.
[-Don't let the o-ring and metal part drop down your cable into frame, you'll need to feed the housing up and nearly out to retrieve them.]

-Pull it apart for a service/ inspection - done - was the upper white bush tight?? That is all I found wrong with mine.

Good luck

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
Same issue after a month of owning, even when properly pressurized, proper cable tension and seat-post collar torque. I had them send me a warranty replacement, I am not opening up a month old post to do a service or sanding anything thats crazy.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 at 12:11 Quote
I had the same with mine and it was the cable routing. Because the outer moves, not the inner, it can be an issue if the routing is tight. Apparently lots of SC owners have had problems due to this. Mine is the V1 by the way.

Posted: Jul 6, 2019 at 6:02 Quote
Thanks for the replies!
The post has started working properly again strangely. That said, it does creak a lot!

O+
Posted: Aug 24, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
Anyone have issues with psi dropping? My dropper was sticking i lubed and made sure it was 300 psi. I lost 50 psi in 2 days.... anyone have this problem or is this a warranty matter?

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 1:46 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
Anyone have issues with psi dropping? My dropper was sticking i lubed and made sure it was 300 psi. I lost 50 psi in 2 days.... anyone have this problem or is this a warranty matter?

When you connect your pump, air from the dropper chamber will fill the pump hose. Are you sure this is not the explanation for the 50 psi difference you noticed?

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
TibZ wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:

When you connect your pump, air from the dropper chamber will fill the pump hose. Are you sure this is not the explanation for the 50 psi difference you noticed?
You are probably right. I reconnected the pump and it was only 250 psi. I tried to get it over 340 psi hoping ill will be around 300 psi when disconnecting. Time to ride and find out. Thx

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 13:19 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
TibZ wrote:
jarrod801 wrote:

You are probably right. I reconnected the pump and it was only 250 psi. I tried to get it over 340 psi hoping ill will be around 300 psi when disconnecting. Time to ride and find out. Thx

The «leak» occurs when you connect the pump, not when you disconnect it. So the reading just before disconnecting is the right one. Go back to 300 psi, you don't want to blow the air chamber....

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 23:26 Quote
So my OneUp won't fully extend. Stripped it down regreased it, upon reassembly it all slides up and down freely until the top collar goes on.

The white bush looks fine, no signs of wear but it is very difficult to get back in the outer tube. Once in and the collar tightened the post is very sticky and tight, even at 300psi.

Are collars available separately? Damn post is doing my head in, it's been more trouble than a used Reverb wishing I'd never bought it.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 2:36 Quote
veero wrote:
So my OneUp won't fully extend. Stripped it down regreased it, upon reassembly it all slides up and down freely until the top collar goes on.

The white bush looks fine, no signs of wear but it is very difficult to get back in the outer tube. Once in and the collar tightened the post is very sticky and tight, even at 300psi.

Are collars available separately? Damn post is doing my head in, it's been more trouble than a used Reverb wishing I'd never bought it.

2 thoughts :
-I've noticed that the position (rotation) of the white collar can help or on the opposite increase this issue. Try to rotate it.
- I might sand it very gently at some point with 600 or higher sand paper. I guess it is just a matter of a few microns and / or perfect homogeneity of the surface. If you try this, be gentle, and only sand the external surface of the collar (the one that will not move during seatpost activation)

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 6:14 Quote
TibZ wrote:
2 thoughts :
-I've noticed that the position (rotation) of the white collar can help or on the opposite increase this issue. Try to rotate it.
- I might sand it very gently at some point with 600 or higher sand paper. I guess it is just a matter of a few microns and / or perfect homogeneity of the surface. If you try this, be gentle, and only sand the external surface of the collar (the one that will not move during seatpost activation)

I did try a few random rotational angles but nothing scientific, perhaps it has an imperceptible worn spot and needs to go back the right way.

I had considered a bit of abrasion, but it would be very difficult in my garage to do anything accurate, but yes good plan about only attacking the outside surface, I shall have a tinker and report back...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011428
Mobile Version of Website