2017 remedy full floater too linear so....Megneg?

PB Forum :: Trek
2017 remedy full floater too linear so....Megneg?
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 3:53 Quote
buttmonkey5000 wrote:
How many tokens?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 18:59 Quote
How much travels can't you use? Also what tune is the super deluxe?

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 4:06 Quote
buttmonkey5000 wrote:

The stock tune has been change to Vorsprung Trative by S4 Suspension. This was done prior to adding the new megneg can and I could get full travel. I added another band in the negative air chamber. Will see what happen.

Vorsprung Tractive Megneg Super Deluxe on Trek Remedy 9.7

Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 10:57 Quote
shockwave wrote:
buttmonkey5000 wrote:

The stock tune has been change to Vorsprung Trative by S4 Suspension. This was done prior to adding the new megneg can and I could get full travel. I added another band in the negative air chamber. Will see what happen.

Hey man,
Just wandering how you've been getting on with the new tune after a few months. Looking at doing the same

Posted: Jan 3, 2020 at 15:14 Quote
Lloydmeister wrote:
shockwave wrote:
buttmonkey5000 wrote:

Hey man,
Just wandering how you've been getting on with the new tune after a few months. Looking at doing the same

Yes I finally did. I still had 2 spacers inside the air can. I can now get full travel. But it takes a really good impact.

Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 7:03 Quote
Hey guys!
I came to this forum looking for an answer about my reactiv trek shock. Can you put on a meg neg on the stock rockshox reactive shock that comes on the trek slash?

Posted: Mar 14, 2020 at 17:24 Quote
Yup I originally bought the Meg neg for my reactiv shock, it helped but wasn't a game changer like the super deluxe was which I then took off the reactiv shock and put on the super deluxe.

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 7:39 Quote
Hey @buttmonkey5000, just picked up a 2020 RS Super Deluxe take off from a SC Megatower (230x57.5) and I’m fitting it up to my 2017 Trek Remedy (full floater). Just wondering what kind of settings you ended up at? Tokens, bands, megneg?, pressure, and your weight... just wanted to get an idea of where to start from?

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 13:22 Quote
Hey mate I have since got a new bike, still have the remedy for now but it's been awhile off the top of my head I was running 215psi I think 2 tokens possibly even 1, hadn't touched lsc yet and had 2 Meg neg bands, also great you got a shock already at 57.5 stroke but won't the damper shaft be wrong as santa cruz have bearings on the end?

Posted: Apr 4, 2020 at 14:57 Quote
You’re right... The top mount was fine but the bottom mounting hardware I had to get machined down because the super deluxe damper shaft eyelet was wider than the deluxe and also had a different diameter because of the bottom bearings. I currently don’t have the megneg but I’m going to see how it rides without it, I’m mostly riding jumpy single track

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 4:26 Quote
BermBlastin wrote:
Hey @buttmonkey5000, just picked up a 2020 RS Super Deluxe take off from a SC Megatower (230x57.5) and I’m fitting it up to my 2017 Trek Remedy (full floater). Just wondering what kind of settings you ended up at? Tokens, bands, megneg?, pressure, and your weight... just wanted to get an idea of where to start from?

My set up is 0 token, 4 bands 33% sag. When I dis run some token is the Super Deluxe. I could not get full travel. It felt harsh and a lot of chain slap.

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 7:17 Quote
Thanks for the input!! Have either of you run it without the megneg? Just wondering how much of a difference it makes?

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
I ran it without the Meg neg and it blew thru the travel even loaded with tokens or from memory the amount of tokens needed made the mid stroke too firm but still blew thru the travel, all I remember it wasn't good I'm 75kg geared up, ill open up the super deluxe later today and see how many tokens ended up at, I was 90% happywhere I was just needed abit more tinkering. The full floater frame is very linear I think the next gen of remedy would be fantastic

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 14:36 Quote
BermBlastin wrote:
You’re right... The top mount was fine but the bottom mounting hardware I had to get machined down because the super deluxe damper shaft eyelet was wider than the deluxe and also had a different diameter because of the bottom bearings. I currently don’t have the megneg but I’m going to see how it rides without it, I’m mostly riding jumpy single track

Hey BermBlastin, I'm looking at getting a Super Deluxe from a SC Megatower atm to replace my standard deluxe (Reaktiv) but had no idea how I'd get the bottom bearing mount to fit my 2019 Remedy 8. Have you got any pics or more details on the machining that fixed yours?

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 15:02 Quote
nambyrob wrote:
BermBlastin wrote:

Hey BermBlastin, I'm looking at getting a Super Deluxe from a SC Megatower atm to replace my standard deluxe (Reaktiv) but had no idea how I'd get the bottom bearing mount to fit my 2019 Remedy 8. Have you got any pics or more details on the machining that fixed yours?

honestly by the time you fluff about getting it machined you'll be near close enough it costs to buying a damper shaft and doing a damper shaft swap,then you can also on sell the santa cruz damper shaft to recoup costs possibly. i looked into it myself, it would only be worth while if you have connections or skills to make something work yourself access to a lathe etc.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007132
Mobile Version of Website