MegNeg

PB Forum :: SRAM
MegNeg
| Next Page
Posted: May 21, 2020 at 10:46 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
Giant Reign 29

Yes. It will do exactly what you're seeking: more mid- and end-stroke support with more compliance off the top. It's a cheap and significant upgrade for most bikes. The Reign 29 is moderately progressive and well within the range of what's reasonable for a MegNeg.

Unless your weight or riding style is far outside the norm, the stock compression tune should be good for you. Shock tunes are usually chosen carefully, especially from the large manufacturers.

Start with zero reducers (positive and negative) to get the full effect and go from there.

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:
Giant Reign 29

Yes. It will do exactly what you're seeking: more mid- and end-stroke support with more compliance off the top. It's a cheap and significant upgrade for most bikes. The Reign 29 is moderately progressive and well within the range of what's reasonable for a MegNeg.

Unless your weight or riding style is far outside the norm, the stock compression tune should be good for you. Shock tunes are usually chosen carefully, especially from the large manufacturers.

Start with zero reducers (positive and negative) to get the full effect and go from there.

Thanks so much for the feedback RMR. I appreciate it!

Posted: May 21, 2020 at 18:09 Quote
I ran a megneg on my 18’ Trek Slash with the thru-shaft shock and really liked it. I’ve recently sold the Slash frame and purchased a 20’ Commencal Meta AM 29 and a super deluxe ultimate. Has anyone had any experience running a megneg on that bike? I’m 225lb Fwiw.

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 5:58 Quote
StumpHumper45 wrote:
I am looking for advice for my Giant Reign 29 2 with a Deluxe Select + Shock. The Reign 29 is stated to have a 16.6% progression curve and I don’t know if that makes it a good candidate. Also, is this shock even worth getting a MegNeg for if I can’t dial in compression? Basically, I can’t afford an X2 that comes stock on the more expensive models, so I’m trying to see if a MegNeg is a cheaper way to add negative volume for more support and perhaps an even plusher starting stroke.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Sounds like a prime candidate. Slash is 27% I think, and it definitely benefited. I think the Reign stands to benefit even more

Posted: May 22, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
ksilvey10 wrote:
StumpHumper45 wrote:
I am looking for advice for my Giant Reign 29 2 with a Deluxe Select + Shock. The Reign 29 is stated to have a 16.6% progression curve and I don’t know if that makes it a good candidate. Also, is this shock even worth getting a MegNeg for if I can’t dial in compression? Basically, I can’t afford an X2 that comes stock on the more expensive models, so I’m trying to see if a MegNeg is a cheaper way to add negative volume for more support and perhaps an even plusher starting stroke.

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Sounds like a prime candidate. Slash is 27% I think, and it definitely benefited. I think the Reign stands to benefit even more

Nice! Yeah, the more I ride it, even with two tokens, it still hits bottom pretty fast. I started at 30% sag, now up to 28%, but still feel like 25% would be best. I think the MegNeg could help for sure now so I am gonna pick one up!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006368
Mobile Version of Website