MegNeg

PB Forum :: SRAM
MegNeg
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 13:48 Quote
Does anyone have experience with a megneg on a 2021 Commencal Meta Power SX? Just got the bike so not a lot of time on it but already noticing on just rides around the block off curbs I am able to blow through the mid stroke and bottom out the stock RS Deluxe. Still need to play with air pressure a bit but waiting on some parts before I take it for a trail ride. Due to the Deluxe being a non reservoir shock I am already looking at the Super Deluxe ultimate with MegNeg or the X2 as I do several trails that will probably overheat this shock if history repeats itself. For a 180/165mm bike the Deluxe is really under damped for such a large capable ebike.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 15:00 Quote
I hear the megneg is a need for the metas not a want.
My friends have them on theirs and have not looked back

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 16:51 Quote
Tvaneijk wrote:
I hear the megneg is a need for the metas not a want.
My friends have them on theirs and have not looked back

Do you know if thats the Meta Power (ebike) or the normal Meta? Also I want to say the other Metas (non ebike) come with a super deluxe over the deluxe I have... but not positive.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 20:10 Quote
I have had a megneg on the last Am29 version and have it on my 2021 AM29. Works really well. No reason not to try it for the price and tuning you can do with it.

Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
oldnw wrote:
I have had a megneg on the last Am29 version and have it on my 2021 AM29. Works really well. No reason not to try it for the price and tuning you can do with it.
Are you running a deluxe or super deluxe on your AM?

Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 7:51 Quote
oldnw wrote:
Super deluxe.
Yeah my bike comes with the Deluxe, just ordered the megneg to try it on the deluxe if it gets me 80% there then I will go ahead and upgrade to the Super Deluxe ultimate as this bike really should not have a non-reservoir style shock. With it being winter I should be fine not hitting hard trails what will overheat it but come summer riding and parks I will need to upgrade to something a bit heavier duty. A coil or X2 is still in the back of my mind but will give this setup a go, I did just get the bike and it hasn't really had time on trails yet.

Posted: Feb 20, 2021 at 13:00 Quote
b-racer wrote:
oldnw wrote:
Super deluxe.
Yeah my bike comes with the Deluxe, just ordered the megneg to try it on the deluxe if it gets me 80% there then I will go ahead and upgrade to the Super Deluxe ultimate as this bike really should not have a non-reservoir style shock. With it being winter I should be fine not hitting hard trails what will overheat it but come summer riding and parks I will need to upgrade to something a bit heavier duty. A coil or X2 is still in the back of my mind but will give this setup a go, I did just get the bike and it hasn't really had time on trails yet.

I have found that 3 bands works best. Seems like any less and it gets really harsh. That’s just me. I am 155-160 kitted.Running 183 psi, 30% sag range, no volume reducers,3 bands. I have a LL tune on my shock though. You most likely have a MM tune.

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
ThinkTank45 wrote:
My new bike is a 2020 Nukeproof Mega 29.
I rode it first without the megneg, with just a touch under 30% sag and two volume reducers. Initial impression was incredibly plush rear suspension but lacking in support when trying to pump on flatter sections.
I installed the megneg and removed both positive volume reducers, so I'm starting out with no bands or tokens and 30% sag.
Only one ride done so far but it feels good. I may need to add back one positive volume reducer but I will do some more riding before deciding. I find it difficult to judge the rebound damping of the shock with the megneg because of the increased mid stroke support. Usually I can balance the rebound front and rear pretty quickly just by bouncing around the car park but it takes longer with the megneg.

Just in case anyone's interested! I have done a fair bit of riding now with the megneg on my Mega. I am very happy with the current setup (zero negative bands, zero positive reducers, 30% sag.). A great combination of sensitivity and mid-stroke support. Also there is more pop than I was expecting but that may be due to the way I set the rebound damping.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004981
Mobile Version of Website