MegNeg

PB Forum :: SRAM
MegNeg
Posted: Dec 21, 2021 at 2:17 Quote
I would say as a starting point, go with no positive or negative spacers and run your usual sag. If you're bottoming out too much with this setup, add a positive spacer and try again.

Posted: Dec 22, 2021 at 20:26 Quote
Just added a MegNeg to my Transition Sentinel V2 GX with the Cascade Link. This is a total experiment for me. I’m not sure if the CC link AND megneg will make this too progressive? I have started by removing 2 tokens and putting 2 bands in the negative then adding air to achieve the same 30 % sag. I figure the idea here is to try to make everything a bit more linear by increasing initial stroke sensitivity and decreasing end stroke ramp, and adding more mid stroke support. Hopefully this will keep the shock working higher in its travel most of the time and not running into a wall of progression near the end stroke.

I’m looking for a certain feel. Like a trophy truck, except going over roots and rocks at speed.

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 12:23 Quote
how have your rebound and compression settings changed since equipping the megneg?
i've noticed my back end had the tendency to kick when switching to the megneg with 4 bands in the negative, one in the positive.
going out tomorrow to see how 2 bands feel

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 21:26 Quote
@dcamp2

I see you have some really helpful input on the MegNeg forum, I am hoping I can bounce something off you. I have been riding a Sentinel V2 for a couple seasons now. At first I thought it felt like a bit too much of a trail bike, and it was missing a bit of the supple rear end feel I’d expect from a bike of its stature. So last season I installed a cascade link which certainly helped in most instances to give more travel and a bit more traction. I recently purchased a MegNeg, but I’m a bit worried that the cascade link will make everything a bit too progressive. With 2 bands 0 tokens and 30% sag it’s sitting at 235 psi for my 185lb weight.

Will the cascade link be too much for the Meg Neg?

Posted: Dec 26, 2021 at 23:38 Quote
scottziesman wrote:
@dcamp2

I see you have some really helpful input on the MegNeg forum, I am hoping I can bounce something off you. I have been riding a Sentinel V2 for a couple seasons now. At first I thought it felt like a bit too much of a trail bike, and it was missing a bit of the supple rear end feel I’d expect from a bike of its stature. So last season I installed a cascade link which certainly helped in most instances to give more travel and a bit more traction. I recently purchased a MegNeg, but I’m a bit worried that the cascade link will make everything a bit too progressive. With 2 bands 0 tokens and 30% sag it’s sitting at 235 psi for my 185lb weight.

You will not want a megneg with the cascade link. The stock can is better in almost all respects.

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
Hi guys, little help and consultations.

Im planing to buy RS super deluxe ultimate 2021 edition, but I noticed that some guys are complaining about clicking/ratling noise in RS super deluxe shock.

So my question is, does 2021 model solved that problem?
And how common that issue is on Super deluxe shocks?

Thanks for help!

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
Brdjanin wrote:

Im planing to buy RS super deluxe ultimate 2021 edition, but I noticed that some guys are complaining about clicking/ratling noise in RS super deluxe shock.

Thanks for help!

the washer rattling that this guy talks about is exactly what mine does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIucoUyua8

edit: fixed link

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 15:48 Quote
Brdjanin wrote:

Thanks for help!

Clicking/knocking is the shims inside the damper. It depends which tune you've got and where the adjusters are as to whether you'll feel it.

Rattling is the bottom-out bumper support washer. It can be fixed at a service.

Posted: Dec 27, 2021 at 19:57 Quote
scottziesman wrote:
@dcamp2

If you’ve already got the megneg might as well try it…. Start with 4 bands and 0 tokens.

Posted: Dec 29, 2021 at 2:56 Quote
start with zero tokens to get the entire megneg experience. i'm currently running zero bands, 1 token and about 30% sag. i would like to stay around that sag but want some more bottom-out resistance. i will start by going to 28% sag and adding a second positive reducer

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
dcamp2 wrote:
Orings- 44x3 is the fatty that holds the sleeve on. There should have been a spare in your kit.

You can buy o-rings here:

https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=368

Or Mcmaster Carr is good but you'll get a 50 pack or something.

No guarantee the o-rings will be oil-compatible but the fat one shouldn't be getting oily anyways.

Awesome stuff, thanks for the info/diagram/link. I'll be ordering spares of all three O-ring sizes. Any chance RS be producing a megneg service kit in the future with the other seals and rings?

Posted: Jan 22, 2022 at 8:12 Quote
I doubt it. Would be nice though, if they sold the o-rings as spares. i mean you get spares when you buy the megneg, i suppose you don't need to replace them everytime you service your shock. unless you remove the megneg frequently. once you've got it dialed, you shouldn't need to though.

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 8:08 Quote
Wow this forum is very helpfull, thanks a lot!
And hello.
I ride a Scott Ransom with the Superdeluxe @170mm and Megneg.
Usually i am in the bikepark or on the streets, or riding downhill.
I startet with 2 bands and one token (before megneg i was running 2 tokens), whith a weight of 150lbs.
Felt great on the track, but doing bunnyhops was very hard. I also used a lot of travel doing normal bunnyhops.
So i went to 4 bands, which gave me a lot more pop.
Now i want to experiment a bit, like going with 0 bands. Am i right that with no bands poping out and doing hops will be harder again? I feel like 0 bands would be a perfect fit for downhill, but with my more street orientated style 4 bands are the better choice?
What setup do you ride in bikeparks/ jumplines?

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 10:20 Quote
slipperyb wrote:

Awesome stuff, thanks for the info/diagram/link. I'll be ordering spares of all three O-ring sizes. Any chance RS be producing a megneg service kit in the future with the other seals and rings?

The other rings/seals are directly from a Deluxe/Superdeluxe aircan service kit. They are the same parts.

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 23:19 Quote
I have a 2022 Canyon Torque with a 250x70mm RS SD Select+ RT on it. It has a LNLL1 tune and HotDog (high flow) piston. Despite that it felt a little wooden off the top so I recently put a megneg on it. Feels great, but it now it has a definite clunk at the air equalization point. I can feel it through the bike. Drives me up the wall.

Pretty sure I've ruled out a loose travel reducer. Pretty sure it's not the piston. I read somewhere if you put too much oil in the can that can cause a noise at the equalizer. Only other thing I can think of is the white plastic split washer on the air piston might be making a noise.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

I'm contemplating putting the stock can back on, cleaning some oil out of from the megneg can, or trying to rotate the air piston washer.

Never mind, too much oil in the can.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006775
Mobile Version of Website