MegNeg

PB Forum :: SRAM
MegNeg
Author Message
Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 3:09 Quote
Horvathkalman wrote:
Hello everyone!

I ordered Megneg, some week and I get it.

I see some review from Megneg, I have some idea for setup, but I ask what they would recommend.

Nukeproof mega 290 2019, I'm 100 kgs.

Actually setup in RS SuperDeluxe rc3:

255-260 PSI (30 % SAG), no tokens, rebound -3 click from full open.,

I would be interested how many bands start in negative chamber ?

Thanks!

The Mega got a 210 x 55 damper, right? If yes, i would try 3 or 4 Bands in the MegNeg an 0 Token.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 3:25 Quote
I went with the 2 (0-4) the manual suggested

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 3:32 Quote
bikefuturist wrote:
I went with the 2 (0-4) the manual suggested
For the MT with a longer damper (230 x 57.5) 2 bands are a good choise. With the shorter damper (210 x 55) i would recommend 3 or 4 bands as a starting point, but it's best he tries it himself.

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 7:17 Quote
polo1602 wrote:
bikefuturist wrote:
I went with the 2 (0-4) the manual suggested
For the MT with a longer damper (230 x 57.5) 2 bands are a good choise. With the shorter damper (210 x 55) i would recommend 3 or 4 bands as a starting point, but it's best he tries it himself.

Yes 210x55

Thank you!

Posted: Dec 2, 2019 at 12:20 Quote
polo1602 wrote:
Horvathkalman wrote:
Hello everyone!

I ordered Megneg, some week and I get it.

I see some review from Megneg, I have some idea for setup, but I ask what they would recommend.

Nukeproof mega 290 2019, I'm 100 kgs.

Actually setup in RS SuperDeluxe rc3:

255-260 PSI (30 % SAG), no tokens, rebound -3 click from full open.,

I would be interested how many bands start in negative chamber ?

Thanks!



The Mega got a 210 x 55 damper, right? If yes, i would try 3 or 4 Bands in the MegNeg an 0 Token.

Thank you!

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 8:33 Quote
Hi!

I have some "problem" with Megneg.

In Nukeproof Mega 290, my Superdeluxe I use 260 PSI for 30% SAG, without tokens, I'm 105 kgs.

I install the Megneg, but with 325 PSI I have 31-32% SAG, without tokens, 3 bands in neg. cam.

The Megneg is fantastic, but I would like to run 25% SAG.

If I add tokens I loose some small bump sensitivity?

Or I add 1 token and I remove 1 or 2 bands from meg. cam. its same with 3 bands no tokens setup?

Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 2:38 Quote
polo1602 wrote:
Any suggestions for a setup (Bands in the megneg and token in the +) at the bronson v3?

Did you get a Meg neg for the V3 Bronson? If you did how you finding it and what tokens, bands psi are you running?

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 3:12 Quote
Carlos-27 wrote:
polo1602 wrote:
Any suggestions for a setup (Bands in the megneg and token in the +) at the bronson v3?

Did you get a Meg neg for the V3 Bronson? If you did how you finding it and what tokens, bands psi are you running?

yes, got a megneg for my V3 and now i´m lovin it. Finding the right setup took some time but now with 3 bands, 1 token and 257 PSI (~190lbs) it feels great.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 4:44 Quote
polo1602 wrote:
Carlos-27 wrote:
polo1602 wrote:
Any suggestions for a setup (Bands in the megneg and token in the +) at the bronson v3?

Did you get a Meg neg for the V3 Bronson? If you did how you finding it and what tokens, bands psi are you running?

yes, got a megneg for my V3 and now i´m lovin it. Finding the right setup took some time but now with 3 bands, 1 token and 257 PSI (~190lbs) it feels great.

Good to know. I'm still messing about but currently have 2 bands, 2 tokens and 250psi (~180/185lbs)
I tried your set up and did feel good

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
I ended up buying an X2, my LBS was out of the size of megneg I needed. Got a good price on the X2 so almost cost the same as my Super deluxe plus megneg would have been.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
XDeltaFactor wrote:
Ccouch5859 wrote:
XDeltaFactor wrote:
Bike: 2018 Trek Remedy 9.8
Shock: Trek/Rockshox Deluxe Thru Shaft
Shock pressure: 168 psi
Tokens: 1
My weight: 168lbs no gear
My height: 66"
Tuning Preference: Planted

I was a little skeptical about this change but haven't tested it on the trails yet.

First off, the manual suggests using 2 bands, I currently use 4. I noticed immediately that I couldn't push through the mid stroke with less bands no matter how much I mashed on the pedals while not moving. Adding bands allowed me to have a larger range of mid stroke travel.

Right now I'm using 0 tokens and 4 bands. It feels "ok" and although I normally need 168psi to achieve 32% sag, I now need 201 (200psi is good enough) to achieve the same sag as before with the MegNeg. The manual clearly states to remove 1-2 tokens and add 20% more pressure so it seems to add up.

The Remedy is a moderately progressive design, and SRAM says the more progressive the geometry, you may not be able to use the full travel, but I haven't tested this yet.

What I also noticed is the rebound adjustment range has moved up, meaning where I used to use 3-4 clicks from full open, now it seems like 1-2 would be enough.

I'll update after I ride this on the trails.

I’m running the Megneg on a 2018 Slash and I ended up at 4 bands and 0 tokens. My issue with running less bands is the air required to get the sag I want. At 225lbs I’m running somewhere above 300 psi to get 32% sag(my shock pump only reads up to 300)

How do you like those settings?

I just got done riding and my impressions are...

1. The rear sits higher in the travel on average, whereas the OEM Trek Thru Shaft with stock can (32% sag) seems to sit lower in the travel.

2. On moderate riding with roots/rocks, it's not easy to use all the travel available, whereas it wasn't "hard" to force the old setup to use nearly all 57.5mm of rear travel.

3. It's definitely more supportive in the mid stroke without feeling like you hit a hard, rigid point in the travel. It feels plush and very springy and it's easy to push on the berms with the feeling like you're getting catapulted on the corner exit.

Thanks for your setup advice. First ride today with the Megneg on my 2018 Trek Remedy 9.8. I copied your set up. I'm 160lbs. Ran 4 bands no tokens 200psi. 3 clicks of damping. Perfect! Shock wiz is green on everything. Your discription of the characteristics of the Megneg is spot on. Now time to adjust fork. With the shock staying higher in the stroke the fork feels like it is too far into the stroke. Running 170mm fork.

Posted: Jan 27, 2020 at 17:44 Quote
The MegNeg works well with more sag than the RegNeg (that's what I'm calling it now!). Ditch some bands and embrace the sag. Get the full effect.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 1:24 Quote
Anyone tried the megneg on a 2020 specialized enduro? An have any good starting suggestions for positive tokens and spacers in the megneg. Chuurr

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 at 1:37 Quote
Aidanrides91 wrote:
Anyone tried the megneg on a 2020 specialized enduro? An have any good starting suggestions for positive tokens and spacers in the megneg. Chuurr

• I'm a fan of the more-linear spring rate of a large negative spring, so I almost always recommend starting with zero reducers on the negative.
• Motion ratio is quite progressive, so start with zero reducers in the positive.

Posted: Feb 1, 2020 at 12:58 Quote
Hi all, I have a trek slash 9.8 2019 and would like to upgrade my shock to the Meg neg. I was wondering would it be compatible with my shock. Deluxe RT3, re activ with thru shaft

Cheers !


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005925
Mobile Version of Website