TWE Moab again... What to ride

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
TWE Moab again... What to ride
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 13, 2019 at 19:04 Quote
Hey all hope y'all are riding safe.
Getting in the mindset to do TWE again here in the next couple months.
Did it in Oct with my '15 Kona Process DL had a great time and enjoyed my ride.

While I love my Process, I just felt like it lacked just a touch of something? NOt sure what, but I want to do it again with another bike.

Any suggestions? I know I saw a bunch of Pivots on the trail, like that mean squat, or...?

Kicking around doing a build with a Evil Insurgent and doing a build? Not sure, don't know what off my current will xfer over and would need a new fork...
Help me!
Happy Trails

Posted: May 14, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
I did it back in October on my Commencal Meta AM. I suppose it's "too much" bike for that ride, but whatever... I had fun!
I say ride the bike you want.

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 8:48 Quote
I did TWE last September. I rented a Nomad. It had a 2.8" front tire and handled like a big bike. It felt like I was monster trucking over everything and kind of muted the trail. That said, I was way faster than my friends that had mid-long travel trail bikes. I would've enjoyed something a little more poppy but wouldn't have been able to let the bike go flat out on some of the descents. I had so much fun that day that I comprised and just bought a 2019 Bronson. Are you building just for this ride? Why not just rent?

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
Wisconsend, I know, Im 56 and thought Im too old for this kind of nonsense.
Bullcrap. I was a blast and I am going to make it a annual till I can't.
I just got a NEW Process CR and I am building it up It is going to be a beast for TWE.
Ride safe guys

Posted: Jun 2, 2019 at 17:10 Quote
Hell yeah. Have fun. The Process is sick bike

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
azmtbr1 wrote:
I just got a NEW Process CR and I am building it up It is going to be a beast for TWE.
Ride safe guys

This. I'm 48 and I plan to keep riding, even after I can't. Just going to switch to the ebike. Big Grin

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 21:11 Quote
Falcon991 wrote:
azmtbr1 wrote:
Ride safe guys

This. I'm 48 and I plan to keep riding, even after I can't. Just going to switch to the ebike. Big Grin

Huh, never thought about that! LOLPimp

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007214
Mobile Version of Website