Cube Analog- Category 3? No riding on one wheel or small drops?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Cube Analog- Category 3? No riding on one wheel or small drops?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 7:37 Quote
Hi everyone, yesterday I got myself a Cube Analog and was reading the manual.

It says their bikes are from category 0-childrens bikes, to category 6, which is downhill.

3 and 4 seem the same, apart from drops up to 0.5M.

Now, I don't expect to be bombing down hills seeing as I live near London, but there are some nice routes near me and I'm worried that this is just Cube covering their backs, or a real issue?

For example, if I needed to manual or clear an obstacle, this goes against the cat 3 and 4 bikes that state "No jumps, no riding on one wheel front or rear, no braking that causes the rear wheel to lift up".

I realise it is an entry level bike, but for me was a lot of money and want to look after it, but I also want to be able to have fun on it!

Posted: May 15, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
@cmcrawfo - I guess that is a yes then lol?

It's more a question of not if I can, but if I am likely to damage the bike riding on one wheel, and dropping off things? I weigh about 9 1/2 stone I'm a Fully grown man, just a small fully grown one lol.

I am not very good, so I am not talking bombing down the side of a mountain doing 10 ft leaps through the air, more riding trails that are about 5 minutes away through some woods.
These are pretty easy, but there are some places that have drops of a foot or so, plus a section that is downhill I have had lots of fun on in the past.

I just want to know if it is more a guideline from Cube with the 0-6 rating, as I don't want to break my brand new bike if I can avoid it.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015478
Mobile Version of Website