Damper change - Rockshox Lyrik DPA 2017 RCT3 Charger to Charger 2 RCT3 upgrade, worth it?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Damper change - Rockshox Lyrik DPA 2017 RCT3 Charger to Charger 2 RCT3 upgrade, worth it?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 15, 2019 at 11:33 Quote
Hello,

I have opportunity to swap Charger RCT3 to Charger 2 RCT3 in my Lyrik Dual Position Air, is Charger 2 worth the upgrade?

I know that RC version is way better than RCT3 - high speed compresion settings...

Please let me know guys.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 0:52 Quote
If you end up buying it, make sure you get a Charger 2.1 and not the Charger 2.

The Charger 2 has a problem of leaking oil at the compression knob at the top, and less than a year after the Charger 2 was released, they released a quickfix with the Charger 2.1 (while usually it's a few years between upgrades). I'm not sure they acknowledge that problem (a bit like Fox and the air-in-oil Float X2 ...), but to be on the safe side, get a 2.1 if you go for it Smile

From a performance standpoint, you won't get much going from one to the other ... they're very similar, and for some reason they thought it would be a good idea to reduce the piston diameter in the Charger 2 ...

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 13:49 Quote
Thanks a lot for feedback. I'll keep it as it is.

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 14:20 Quote
If you are desperate to spenf money get the new push hc97 damper system much better than any 2.2.3.5.6.7 rs monthly update of their damper!

Posted: May 16, 2019 at 20:07 Quote
or go for the Push ACS3 fork kit, love mine

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022313
Mobile Version of Website