2019 BC instinct

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2019 BC instinct
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 16, 2019 at 9:00 Quote
On a 2019 BC with 29" wheels for 3 weeks now. It climbs amazingly well and descends with confidence. I'm having a blast. The ride feels effortless and I'm starting to PR a lot of segments. Has anyone tried 27+? Just curious on your thoughts. Also, there are 3 screws for the bottle cage but the bottom screw is on the flat part of the frame. Does anyone know what that would be for? I haven't seen any bottle cages or accessories that would fit there.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
stapmike wrote:
On a 2019 BC with 29" wheels for 3 weeks now. It climbs amazingly well and descends with confidence. I'm having a blast. The ride feels effortless and I'm starting to PR a lot of segments. Has anyone tried 27+? Just curious on your thoughts. Also, there are 3 screws for the bottle cage but the bottom screw is on the flat part of the frame. Does anyone know what that would be for? I haven't seen any bottle cages or accessories that would fit there.

As for that third screw closest to the seat tube, It is for Fox Live Valve. The battery/controller goes there.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 20:52 Quote
wrote:
As for that third screw closest to the seat tube, It is for Fox Live Valve. The battery/controller goes there.

Ahh. Makes sense. Thanks!

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 19:51 Quote
stapmike wrote:
Has anyone tried 27+?

They made a bike called "Pipeline" using the Instinct frame and 27.5+ wheels. You could check reviews for that bike to see if it be worth trying. it hasn't been listed in the 2020 fleet, so it might be discontinued.

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
Brooksmith wrote:
stapmike wrote:
Has anyone tried 27+?

They made a bike called "Pipeline" using the Instinct frame and 27.5+ wheels. You could check reviews for that bike to see if it be worth trying. it hasn't been listed in the 2020 fleet, so it might be discontinued.

A rep I was talking to confirmed that the Pipeline was discontinued.

Posted: Sep 26, 2019 at 2:20 Quote
Anyone had any issues of play around the forward linkage bolt on 2018/2019 altitudes?
I have changed the du bushing thinking that it coyld be worn but it isn't that. It seems to be coming from between the shock bolt and the metal sleeve that it passes through.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
Hi guys,

I bought a medium 2019 Instinct BC Carbon 90 in June, and the bike's suspension is beating the pulp out of me. I'm 5'7", 155 lbs geared up and cannot get any small bump sensitivity. Currently running 48 psi on the fork with three volume spacers and 145 psi on the rear with a 0.4 spacer. The high-speed compression on both is wide open, and rebound is high to compensate for the low psi. Sag is at 35% on the rear.

On flow trails, off big hits, and going through big rock gardens, the bike feels supportive, but on trails with medium and small rocks or anything chattery, riding this thing is hell. I tried 0, 1, and 2 spacers on the front already and tried 0, 0.2, and 0.6 spacer on the rear, but I can't use the full rear shock if I go above 150 psi with any number of spacers.

Has anyone had this issue? Any success fixing it?

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 13:56 Quote
Rellis48 wrote:
Hi guys,

I bought a medium 2019 Instinct BC Carbon 90 in June, and the bike's suspension is beating the pulp out of me. I'm 5'7", 155 lbs geared up and cannot get any small bump sensitivity. Currently running 48 psi on the fork with three volume spacers and 145 psi on the rear with a 0.4 spacer. The high-speed compression on both is wide open, and rebound is high to compensate for the low psi. Sag is at 35% on the rear.

On flow trails, off big hits, and going through big rock gardens, the bike feels supportive, but on trails with medium and small rocks or anything chattery, riding this thing is hell. I tried 0, 1, and 2 spacers on the front already and tried 0, 0.2, and 0.6 spacer on the rear, but I can't use the full rear shock if I go above 150 psi with any number of spacers.

Thanks!

I weigh slightly less than you, and was running ~190-195 psi w 0.2 spacer in my DPX2 before I switched to a coil, for around 30% sag (more sag than that was too wallowy, I have trouble going with the 35% recommendation for pedaling, personally). Rebound is 1 or 2 clicks from wide open (but I am on XL frame). No spacers and a bit more pressure rode well too. Have you double checked that you are equalizing the shock correctly when you add air?
Small bump was never awesome with the DPX2, compared to the coil certainly, but that was as good as it got after break-in period. 145 sounds pretty low.

I had the same small bump issue with the Fox 36, solved by a Luftkappe, now I run 63 psi with no volume spacers.

Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
3716 wrote:
Rellis48 wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!

I weigh slightly less than you, and was running ~190-195 psi w 0.2 spacer in my DPX2 before I switched to a coil, for around 30% sag (more sag than that was too wallowy, I have trouble going with the 35% recommendation for pedaling, personally). Rebound is 1 or 2 clicks from wide open (but I am on XL frame). No spacers and a bit more pressure rode well too. Have you double checked that you are equalizing the shock correctly when you add air?
Small bump was never awesome with the DPX2, compared to the coil certainly, but that was as good as it got after break-in period. 145 sounds pretty low.

I had the same small bump issue with the Fox 36, solved by a Luftkappe, now I run 63 psi with no volume spacers.

Hey, thank you for that information. Yeah, 145 seems low to me too, but I can't seem to use the full travel with any more air than that. It makes me wonder if the shock has a defect. I have been equalizing it the way the fox guide describes.

Ive been looking at a coil and Luftkappe as well. I'm glad those worked!

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
tscottie wrote:
Anyone had any issues of play around the forward linkage bolt on 2018/2019 altitudes?
I have changed the du bushing thinking that it coyld be worn but it isn't that. It seems to be coming from between the shock bolt and the metal sleeve that it passes through.

Are you talking about the bushing that connects the shock to the top tube? I have a noise in that link on my 2019 Altitude that is driving me nuts. If I remove the bolt and re-grease it, it's quiet for one ride, then starts popping again when suspension cycles.

Posted: Oct 3, 2019 at 5:15 Quote
Hemi345 wrote:
tscottie wrote:

Are you talking about the bushing that connects the shock to the top tube? I have a noise in that link on my 2019 Altitude that is driving me nuts. If I remove the bolt and re-grease it, it's quiet for one ride, then starts popping again when suspension cycles.

Yep exactly that!! I have had a new brass bushing sleeve that the bolt runs through made by offset bushings so i'm hoping this will solve the problem. Will keep you updated if it does or not

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 18:21 Quote
I really love the look of this bike and have been looking at buying one as well. I found one for sale around here that was a demo bike and it’s reduced around 1k, so listed at 2,650.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:35 Quote
Hey guys,

A quick update on the suspension situation my Instinct BC Carbon 90: I had an expert check the shock and fork for defects. Nothing. If I find anything else, I'll let the forum know. In the meantime, I cannot recommend this bike. It's riding like crap. I'll probably get rid of mine.

-R

Posted: Oct 19, 2019 at 1:17 Quote
Hi,
I bought a 2019 Instinct BC frame second hand. The previous owner has installed a Vivid Coil damper. I would like to mount again a DPX 2 or DPS. I have a new link with Ride 9. My question: Can someone tell me the Tune ID to the respective shocks?
thanks

Previous Page | Next Page

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - Zimbabwe love spells +27739143863 lost love spell caster in Namibia Niger Nigeria
2 mins ago - Nigel 0739143863 lost love spells in Katlehong Kwathema nigel/vosloorus/sp
3 mins ago - Nelspruit 0739143863 love spels in witbank/middleburg/pietretief/bushbuckridge/hazyview/
4 mins ago - Witbank 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring nelspruit IN middleburg/pietretief
5 mins ago - Welkom 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in mthatha/butterworth/queenstown
6 mins ago - Westonaria 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring in carletonville, northam, mafikeng, brits
9 mins ago - Piet retief 0739143863 lost love spell caster in ermelo/delmas/nelspruit/vaal/durban/capetown/
9 mins ago - Pietermariztburg 0739143863 lost love spells in durban/newcastle/richards bay/stanger/eshowe/
10 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
10 mins ago - Vryheid 0739143863 lost love spells pinetown/stanger in pietermariztburg/newcastle
11 mins ago - Vereeniging 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in bloemfontein/witbank
12 mins ago - Vanderbijlpark 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring in secunda/standerton in klerksdorp/orkney/
13 mins ago - TZANEEN/MESSINA 0739143863 lost love spell caster IN LEPHALALE/POLOKWANE/MAKOPANE/LOUISTRICHARD
14 mins ago - Taung 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in vryburg/mafikeng/lichtenburg/polokwane/makopane
14 mins ago - Tembisa love spells 0739143863 lost love spell caster/money spells in midrand, randburg, fourways, sandton, cosmocity,
15 mins ago - Nukeproof Owners Club
15 mins ago - Stanger 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in pinetown, vryheid/richards bay/
16 mins ago - Standerton 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in middleburg/pietretief/
17 mins ago - Soweto 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring //// IN roodepoort/lenasia/kagiso
18 mins ago - Sandton love spells 0739143863 lost love spell caster in johanesburg/randburg/fourways/cosmocity
19 mins ago - Secunda 0739143863 love spells in standerton/ermelo/delmas/witbank/welkom/middleburg
20 mins ago - Springs & Brakpan 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring benoni boksburg /tembisa
23 mins ago - Richards bay 0739143863 lost love spell caster/magic ring in stanger IN MTHATHA/VRYHEID/
25 mins ago - Rustenburg 0739143863 lost love spells /magic ring IN mafikeng/kuruman/kathu
26 mins ago - Roodepoort 0739143863 lost love spells/magic ring in alexander/johanesburg/sandton/cosmocity

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008544
Mobile Version of Website