2019 BC instinct

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
2019 BC instinct
| Next Page
Posted: May 3, 2020 at 10:45 Quote
MountianTrance wrote:
Rellis48 wrote:
Hey guys,

A quick update on the suspension situation my Instinct BC Carbon 90: I had an expert check the shock and fork for defects. Nothing. If I find anything else, I'll let the forum know. In the meantime, I cannot recommend this bike. It's riding like crap. I'll probably get rid of mine.

-R

Hey, If you still have your bike, I think I have a solution for you. I have been doing a lot of research as I build up my second Instinct. This time I am building a BC, and I found another thread that addresses your exact problem. I don't have a link so I will summarize:

The Instinct BC, and the regular Instinct, set in the slack position, have really progressive rear suspension. By reducing your shock pressure and increasing sag, you are putting the rear into the more harsh portion of travel (steeper part of the progression curve). Your spacer is making the suspension even more progressive and harsh. To get the BC to ride plush you need to keep it in the upper portions of the travel. I would pull your spacer, since you are light, increase your pressure to stay in the upper travel. Increase your compression a little if you need it to keep the the bike riding high. It should be more plush and have a lot better feel as you go through the usable travel.

Let us know if you try it.

I am 120 pounds and have 125 psi in the shock
And am using four clicks slower rebound than as fast as it can go. What would you change to make it more plush?

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 20:45 Quote
Hemi345 wrote:
tscottie wrote:
Anyone had any issues of play around the forward linkage bolt on 2018/2019 altitudes?
I have changed the du bushing thinking that it coyld be worn but it isn't that. It seems to be coming from between the shock bolt and the metal sleeve that it passes through.

Are you talking about the bushing that connects the shock to the top tube? I have a noise in that link on my 2019 Altitude that is driving me nuts. If I remove the bolt and re-grease it, it's quiet for one ride, then starts popping again when suspension cycles.

I had this same problem as well, ordered new bushings for the forward eye, and it did not take out the side to side play. However I did put the new rubber seals on the bolt along with the seals that were already on there, and doubling up took out the play and noise I was having.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 15:58 Quote
Anyone know what I need to order to convert the Raceface dropper lever to work on the Sram brake/matchmaker thingy?

Tried googling everything but can't seem to find anything. I like the lever just fine but would prefer one less mount cause I'm vain.

TIA

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:11 Quote
NRZ wrote:
Anyone know what I need to order to convert the Raceface dropper lever to work on the Sram brake/matchmaker thingy?

Tried googling everything but can't seem to find anything. I like the lever just fine but would prefer one less mount cause I'm vain.

TIA
The left matchmaker clamp should do the trick. Was thinking of doing the same thing as well.

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 16:25 Quote
Xanderxcl wrote:
NRZ wrote:

TIA
The left matchmaker clamp should do the trick. Was thinking of doing the same thing as well.

I'm still new with SRAM, everything I've ever had has been Shimano, is this what you're referring to?

https://smile.amazon.com/SRAM-Matchmaker-Clamp/dp/B004BEDPKI/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_g4368549507?_encoding=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0&ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

Posted: Jul 31, 2020 at 18:42 Quote
Exactly it should work since the lever has the holes for the bolt.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006228
Mobile Version of Website