Headset/ bearing question.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Headset/ bearing question.
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Hello everyone, I am in need of some advice. I have a 2019 Trek Roscoe 6 that I just upgraded the forks on. When I took the old fork off I was a little shocked to see that the steerer tube was straight not tapered. I know the frame is set up to accept a tapered fork so that I what I bought, then I noticed the adapter that was on the steer tube. I researched the specs and found out that the headset is semi integrated. Now my question is do I need to switch out the entire headset or can I buy just the lower bearing that will make my tapered fork operate correctly? Please help a fellow out if you can and have a blessed day.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
Shane228 wrote:
Hello everyone, I am in need of some advice. I have a 2019 Trek Roscoe 6 that I just upgraded the forks on. When I took the old fork off I was a little shocked to see that the steerer tube was straight not tapered. I know the frame is set up to accept a tapered fork so that I what I bought, then I noticed the adapter that was on the steer tube. I researched the specs and found out that the headset is semi integrated. Now my question is do I need to switch out the entire headset or can I buy just the lower bearing that will make my tapered fork operate correctly? Please help a fellow out if you can and have a blessed day.

I think you will be fine with just the bottom casing to fit the tapered tube, but if I where you I would take it to a bike shop

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
I realize this is an old thread but wondering what the solution was? I have the same issue and question regarding my 19 Roscoe 6.

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
Your old fork would have had a reducer crown race so you wouldn't be able to use it with a tapered fork.

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 3:02 Quote
I ended up replacing the headset with a Cane Creek ZS44/ZS56 headset.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004392
Mobile Version of Website