close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Headset/ bearing question.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Headset/ bearing question.
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Message
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 7:44 Quote
Hello everyone, I am in need of some advice. I have a 2019 Trek Roscoe 6 that I just upgraded the forks on. When I took the old fork off I was a little shocked to see that the steerer tube was straight not tapered. I know the frame is set up to accept a tapered fork so that I what I bought, then I noticed the adapter that was on the steer tube. I researched the specs and found out that the headset is semi integrated. Now my question is do I need to switch out the entire headset or can I buy just the lower bearing that will make my tapered fork operate correctly? Please help a fellow out if you can and have a blessed day.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
Shane228 wrote:
Hello everyone, I am in need of some advice. I have a 2019 Trek Roscoe 6 that I just upgraded the forks on. When I took the old fork off I was a little shocked to see that the steerer tube was straight not tapered. I know the frame is set up to accept a tapered fork so that I what I bought, then I noticed the adapter that was on the steer tube. I researched the specs and found out that the headset is semi integrated. Now my question is do I need to switch out the entire headset or can I buy just the lower bearing that will make my tapered fork operate correctly? Please help a fellow out if you can and have a blessed day.

I think you will be fine with just the bottom casing to fit the tapered tube, but if I where you I would take it to a bike shop

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 8:57 Quote
I realize this is an old thread but wondering what the solution was? I have the same issue and question regarding my 19 Roscoe 6.

Posted: Dec 15, 2019 at 22:32 Quote
Your old fork would have had a reducer crown race so you wouldn't be able to use it with a tapered fork.

Posted: Dec 20, 2019 at 3:02 Quote
I ended up replacing the headset with a Cane Creek ZS44/ZS56 headset.

Posted: Mar 27, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
B-EZ wrote:
I ended up replacing the headset with a Cane Creek ZS44/ZS56 headset.

Could you send the exact part, because I'm doing the same conversion

Posted: Mar 28, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
https://www.jensonusa.com/Cane-Creek-40-ZS4456-Tapered-Headset

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 3:52 Quote
Hi again sorry for the old thread posts but I think I have done the same thing although I’m not sure the part I put on .
Although it seems to work fine, but it leaves a gap between the bottom of the headset and the top of the fork exposing the lower bearing. Wondering if an external bottom cup would work better. Thinking about the nukeproof neutron ex44-40 b5 on chain reaction cycles? https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/nukeproof-neutron-bottom-headset-cup/rp-prod124574

Not sure if it would fit, help would be appreciated. Thanks Smile

Posted: Oct 22, 2021 at 7:08 Quote
Micah12 wrote:
B-EZ wrote:
I ended up replacing the headset with a Cane Creek ZS44/ZS56 headset.

Could you send the exact part, because I'm doing the same conversion

Same problem, I Bought a Rockshox for my Roscoe 2020 but Its tapered so now I need Headset. So I would like to ask you Everything Ok after this months of use? Did I mean with Cane Creek?

Previous Page | Next Page

 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006067
Mobile Version of Website