Dropper post

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Dropper post
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 17, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
What is everyone using for dropper posts? Which one works best for cold weather?

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 15:23 Quote
DNM air dropper, $150 off Amazon, i cant comment on its cold weather performance as im a desert dweller but its been working great for me for the last 3 months.

Posted: May 17, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
jaytee1000 wrote:
What is everyone using for dropper posts? Which one works best for cold weather?
I picked up a Brand-X from CRC last fall on sale plus a discount code to knock the price down further.
Usually over $75 gets you free shipping. If you take regular postage, you may or may not get dinged for duty/taxes.
It worked flawlessly on my fatbike down to -15 or 20 deg C.
Have a oneup on my trail bike that appears very similar to the Brand X and it pretty good in the cold too.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:24 Quote
I'm using an X-fusion Manic, which is similar to the Brand-X and OneUp, if not the same just rebranded. I used in temps down to -5 C but didn't get out if it was much colder than that. There was always a delay with the first extension but not after that.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 17:39 Quote
I am using brand x. It’s affordable and problem free. So good that I don’t want to upgrade it.
The lever that comes with it is abit shaky. I place 2 thin washers between them and they are good. Replaced the stock cables with Teflon cables and they are very smooth. I have rockshox reverb on another bike and it’s nothing compared to it.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 19:47 Quote
jaytee1000 wrote:

I recently switched over to a oneup dropper and I am very happy with it. affordable and durable.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 8:21 Quote
jaytee1000 wrote:

xFusion Manic ... used it over this past winter down to like -15C with no problems at all.

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 12:30 Quote
i am running a rockshox reverb and it is immaculate in all weather conditions. worth the $400. highly recommend

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
Brand X off CRC 150 for a 170mm dropper, never fails

Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 14:29 Quote
Fox Transfer Performance, internally routed. This has been fine in all UK weathers for 2 1/2 years with nothing more than a clean.
Prior to that I have been through:

KSLev Integra (came with the bike) that was okay but was an absolute bugger to service when it leaked and the way the cable was fitted with the ball at the lever end and the screw at the seatpost was bonkers. Got fed up of trying to adjust it so bought the Reverb as it was supposed to be the best.

Reverb that lasted 9 months before it went springy for about 15mm then died altogether. Replaced under warranty
This one lasted about 6 months before the leaver stopped working and no amount of bleeding would fix it. Replaced under warranty and sold immediately on eBay. I then bought the Fox.

I could never fathom out how the Reverb could be considered so good with the high failure rates. Just because it has 2 years warranty and they appear to just replace them is not really acceptable. Allegedly the newest models are better but I personally would not have another.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 at 2:09 Quote
BrandX. theres nothing to touch them, no point in spending lots on a dropper now. they all play up, although the brandx has been our least troublesome and we have sold hundreds through our UK shop.

We have piles of reverbs that have failed. basically the worst dropper out there. Our comment is based on our experience in our busy workshop.

Posted: Jun 20, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Ordered another Brand X for my sons bike.
Didn't want to spend a pile of cash and CRC had them on sale again...
Hope it works out as well as the one on the fat bike.
$156 delivered to Canada standard post.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 17:44 Quote
jaytee1000 wrote:
Definitely Rockshox reverb. Havent has any issues with it. Works perfect.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010808
Mobile Version of Website