Dropper post

PB Forum :: Fat Bikes
Dropper post
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 2:56 Quote
alexscheuer wrote:
Update on brand-x dropper, Got it earlier this month, was very happy with it till it got abit colder, then it slowed down quite alot... i have the ascend in 120mm, not the XL that does have a valve to adjust presure. if not it works great! realy good move on a fat bike!

Went for a longer ride yesterday, my dropper slowed down but nothing too bad, until the end of the ride when it stopped returning to full height... I don't know if i got a lemon but I would stay away from brand x for fat biking in the cold. It still isn't returning to full height smoothely in the garage where it isn't bellow 0.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 7:34 Quote
Been using an older KS 950 (with the lever under the seat) and it has been fine down to ~-20C-ish except on Friday. It has slowed down in the colder weather (mostly when coming back up) but on Friday when I got back to the house and went to drop the post down to put it up on the hooks on the wall it wouldn't stay down. I suspect it was just due to some snow getting up into the valve area under the seat freezing it open but I don't know for sure, it seemed to work fine during the ride. I haven't pulled it down off the wall again to check it in the warmer weather yet, it was still sub-zero in the garage when I tried again yesterday and it stayed only partly down.

Posted: Mar 16, 2020 at 7:48 Quote
my xl did that, i just needed to pump it up a bit

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 21:21 Quote
Swapped my 9point8 Fallline onto my fatty this winter and it worked well.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005530
Mobile Version of Website