Highertower LT or Ripmo

• Next Page
O+
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 7:59 Quote
I have a HTLT and a friend has a Ripmo. Both climb and descend really well. I would choose based on value and what is important to you in the build kit. Really can't go wrong with either.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 8:52 Quote
Do you service your own shocks?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 11:26 Quote
Explodo wrote:
gmoss wrote:
50105010 wrote:
Bummer, man... I can see why you'd be disappointed. Well, at least you know that bike is out there. Time may give you some options to acquire a switchblade frame. And maxxis does make the high roller 2 in 29x2.5 wt...

Somehow that pressfit bottom bracket became the poison pill of the mountain bike industry. I was thinking about an sb130 but ended up discounting it completely because of the bad juju around that pressfit deal. Somebody ought to do a head to head bottom bracket shoot out to put this myth to bed.

I won't buy a press fit BB bike for the simple reason I like to do as much of my own work as possible and I don't want to deal with it, or don't want to buy the tool to do it.

I just buy any tool I need. I love tools. I also don't trust shops...because of bad experiences....like a ruined Intense 5.5 frame. I just needed a headset installed and the shop reamed it out so much that the headset was a drop in. I guess they glued it or something because it didn't fall out during assembly. After a few months of riding and trying to figure out what was wrong with the front end I disassembled it and figured it out. Intense was amazing about it and warrantied the front triangle for me, but that was the very last time I let a shop do ANY work for me.

As a side note, that Intense 5.5 frame was a surprise from my wife for my first father's day, almost 14 years ago. She's great!

I do too, but I already have a regular BB tool, which is cheap compared to a pressfit tool. I don't want to or need to buy another tool to do the same job. Just like the bike I just sold, I was not buying the BB tool for the SRAM for a one time job.

Heck, I make my own tools sometimes. I was not paying $40 for a fork seal driver so I made one out of a piece of PVC coupling, especially when it was for a size on a bike I was selling, and did not have any other bikes with, 32mm.

LOL, I had an intense 5.5 for a short stint in the 2007/08 range. fun bike downhill at the time.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
kmuldow wrote:

I do, at least the basic service for the air can.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 21:18 Quote
gmoss wrote:
kmuldow wrote:

I do, at least the basic service for the air can.

thanks, I must look up how to do it.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 21:19 Quote
whitebirdfeathers wrote:
I have a HTLT and a friend has a Ripmo. Both climb and descend really well. I would choose based on value and what is important to you in the build kit. Really can't go wrong with either.
thanks!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012433
Mobile Version of Website