2015 Specialized Enduro Updates/Upgrades

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2015 Specialized Enduro Updates/Upgrades
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 14:03 Quote
Hey! Hope some people can give me some ideas/feedback for things I could do to keep my Specialized Enduro Comp 29 around for longer, without breaking the bank.

For the most part, she's fully stock. With a command dropper post. I have been thinking of making 2 possibly 3 changes to her since she's a slog on ascents.

1.) Either swap out a sprocket or change the cassette from the standard SRAM PG1130 11-36 to a sunrace 11-46. Or go for the full upgrade to an Eagle NX. (I don't have XD drivers). I'm running a 10 speed SRAM X9 and I find even on the lowest gear it's a massive struggle compared to my old 27.5.
2.) Upgrade the Fox Float CTD. The shock heats up a lot when I'm on the trails and I would like something firmer with more control of compression and rebound. I have thought of putting an X2 or a Monarch Plus on there.

Cheers!

Aaron

Posted: May 19, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
It's a lot cheaper to go smaller front sprocket. 28 front and 36 rear is roughly the same as 32 and 42.

Has the shock been serviced? Recently?

Posted: May 20, 2019 at 1:56 Quote
Better shock. The CTD EVO stuff was no good when it was new and can't be improved without swapping all the internals.

A bike-yoke is probably the best route, lets you fit a standard 200x57mm shock.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009141
Mobile Version of Website