Choosing A Trail Bike Advice

PB Forum :: Beginners
Choosing A Trail Bike Advice
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 19, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
Hey Pinkbike members,

I like to pick the brain of a well experienced member here on choosing a trail bike. I have done a lot of online reading and researching. I've also listened to the opinions of the local shop members. Even though I prefer to support my local shops, unfortunately the impressions I receive from the them are trying to take advantage of an inexperienced beginner vs sincerely helping me find a good valued bike.

I'm open to buying new/used bikes, preferably used since you get a better value, and the spending budget I set for myself bike alone is $2200. I reside in Florida where there are more wooded hills or occasional rocky trails vs mountains. I like to go with full suspension vs forktail. I've looked into brands such as Giant, Specialized, and Diamondback (though I was told diamondback frames tend to crack or break easily). -- Is this true?

Based on what I said, I like to hear your opinions/thoughts on what to look out for. Are there other brands that I should take in interest in? If so, what models for the type of environment I'll be riding in?

If you additional questions for me, please ask. Any advice is well appreciated! -Thanks

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 20:09 Quote
This is what I did when I sought my first FS bike a year or so ago. After reading the bike of the year reviews and the ‘best bike under $*** ‘ reviews on all the major sites like Enduro-MTB.com and MBR.co.uk I had a good baseline for bikes traits, good and bad components and cost range. Then checked the traffic on the brand forums for brand loyalty.
Trek Fuel was tops the end of 2017 and for the component level I wanted was $3200... then I noticed YT Jeffsy has been tops as well as best value, same component level as the Fuel for $2300 and the YT forums showed Passion so that’s what I chose.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
Heist30 wrote:
This is what I did when I sought my first FS bike a year or so ago. After reading the bike of the year reviews and the ‘best bike under $*** ‘ reviews on all the major sites like Enduro-MTB.com and MBR.co.uk I had a good baseline for bikes traits, good and bad components and cost range. Then checked the traffic on the brand forums for brand loyalty.
Trek Fuel was tops the end of 2017 and for the component level I wanted was $3200... then I noticed YT Jeffsy has been tops as well as best value, same component level as the Fuel for $2300 and the YT forums showed Passion so that’s what I chose.

Awesome this is actually very helpful. I appreciate you taking the time to share what you did.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013985
Mobile Version of Website