Rough shifting on new Jeffsy CF comp

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Rough shifting on new Jeffsy CF comp
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 21:03 Quote
I've had my new bike for about 2 weeks and the up shifting on it is very rough, the CF comp comes equipped with the e13 cassette and Shimano XT derailleur. When the bike is on the stand and I run it up through the gears it looks like the chain is dropping into the next gear rather than rolling into the next gear and there is a very loud "thunk" and vibrates the rear wheel when shifting. I set the limit screws and indexed the derailleur and it did not smooth out the shifting at all. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

O+ FL
Posted: May 23, 2019 at 10:15 Quote
Check the derailleur hanger is straight? Is it happening on all gears? When you say dropping you mean up shifting into a harder gear (smaller cog) or the other way around?

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
The hanger is straight, it happens while shifting into smaller cogs. It's such a rough shift that it doesn't seem right. I heard on the mbr review of the Jeffsy Comp that the shifting is not smooth because of the e13 cassette but this seems way beyond "not smooth."

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 19:45 Quote
Moclov13 wrote:
The hanger is straight, it happens while shifting into smaller cogs. It's such a rough shift that it doesn't seem right. I heard on the mbr review of the Jeffsy Comp that the shifting is not smooth because of the e13 cassette but this seems way beyond "not smooth."

Couple of things to try, first make sure the cassette is on tight as e13 has that funky method of securing their cassettes. Next make sure your through axle is good and tight and you don't have any play in it. When I got my Jeffsy last year, the first thing I did was replace the e13 cassette because it gave me nothing but headaches. In my opinion, it is poorly engineered that it is a overpriced piece of junk just like their dropper post. I replaced it with a sunrace cassette and I am very glad I did.

Good Luck

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009685
Mobile Version of Website