26inch DH still valid?

PB Forum :: Downhill
26inch DH still valid?
  • Next Page
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
@cazzamazz
Another thing to ponder... I just built and got on a 76er.
So an old school version of the 27.5/29 wheel rigs. But with. 26 rear 27.5 front. First day on the mountain last weekend proved extremely valid. Absolutely loved the ride and the handling of it. So as long as the frame you go with doesn’t have a totally raked out head tube angle, this can be an option also.
Cheers and good luck shopping!

O+
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
My 2013 Jedi is on 26’s .. no issues

O+
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 17:20 Quote
jgottya1 wrote:
@cazzamazz
So an old school version of the 27.5/29 wheel rigs. But with. 26 rear 27.5 front. First day on the mountain last weekend proved extremely valid. Absolutely loved the ride and the handling of it. So as long as the frame you go with doesn’t have a totally raked out head tube angle, this can be an option also.

BB height could be a problem on techy steep lines

Posted: May 31, 2019 at 5:58 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
jgottya1 wrote:
@cazzamazz

BB height could be a problem on techy steep lines

Absolutely true. I forgot to mention that. I did it on a late version knolly podium and took it down all steep tech lines on it’s first day out and was prefect. No issues for me with either too low or too high in regard to B.B. location.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011829
Mobile Version of Website