Enve Wheels? Which one?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 22, 2019 at 21:40 Quote
Hello pinkbike.

Im a pro triathlete doing more and more off road tri and XC racing. I currently ride a Scott 900 RC World Cup bike with the stock Syncros wheels. however I have noticed the tires (Ardent race 2.35) tend to be giving under hard corners and i am just not super confident on the stock Syncros RC WC wheels.

Im looking at getting some Enves. I know the M525 is the true XC weapon but im thinking the 120g difference to the M630 is worth it just for confidence sake and compliance of lower PSI. Is there any logic to the M635? Anyone have a preference, im thinking 630 seems smart and it seems everyone is going to 30mm even for racing.

Posted: May 22, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
Don’t you know? Nobody on pink bike likes enve anymore.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 5:39 Quote
Any reason why?

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
Well breakage aside, the new wheels from 2018 are much more durable than before

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 7:11 Quote
Doing a quick search shows how many enve rims are failing now, personally I wouldn't run enve's as they are extremely expensive for what you get. check out We Are One Composites! fraction of the price of enve and in my opinion a much better build quality! no sanding needed once its out of the mold! They are made in Canada and tested in the birthplace of freeride!! Plus their warranty is lifetime!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
I’ve got to say I know someone who’s broken a set of Enve wheels.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 13:13 Quote
go with NOBL Wheels. They are fantastic!!!

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 14:39 Quote
Epardi wrote:
Hello pinkbike.

Im a pro triathlete doing more and more off road tri and XC racing. I currently ride a Scott 900 RC World Cup bike with the stock Syncros wheels. however I have noticed the tires (Ardent race 2.35) tend to be giving under hard corners and i am just not super confident on the stock Syncros RC WC wheels.

Im looking at getting some Enves. I know the M525 is the true XC weapon but im thinking the 120g difference to the M630 is worth it just for confidence sake and compliance of lower PSI. Is there any logic to the M635? Anyone have a preference, im thinking 630 seems smart and it seems everyone is going to 30mm even for racing.

Will add a plug for Nox wheels (www.noxcomposites.com). I have two of their wheelsets (handbuilt at fanatikbike.com) and they have been flawless.

Also, it's nice to see another triathlete on pinkbike! I just finished the first part of my 'year' at IM Texas, now getting going with the second part, which is 'MTB all the time'.

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 15:04 Quote
Brand aside, for your Scott I wouldn't go any wider than ~28mm internal unless you want to run a tire wider than a 2.4 (which I doubt will fit).

I would personally agree with the assessment of ENVEs being suboptimal, I think they've been trading on the name for a bit for a while. I personally prefer the big brands and would look at a set of Mavic XA Elites, Race Face Next SLs, or DT Swiss XRC/XMC wheels, just for a better support network. All are really light and strong with good guarantees and will get you better support than the small brands (which, don't get me wrong, can make great product)

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015508
Mobile Version of Website