Fox float x2 mounting hardware for 2019 trek slash 9.9

PB Forum :: Trek
Fox float x2 mounting hardware for 2019 trek slash 9.9
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 21:44 Quote
dcdavid12 wrote:
Just purchased and installed the X2 on my 2019 Slash 9.9. You don't need to do anything janky to get it to work.

** This will work with EVERY 2017+ Carbon Trek Slash (Not sure about alloy, but would assume it's the same)

NEEDED PARTS: (everything is in stock as of 8/22/18 unless mentioned otherwise)

- FOX X2 (I went with 230mm x 60mm to get 156.5mm of rear travel, the OEM 57.5mm will be the exact same)

- 2x TREK Shock Mount Kit - TREK Part #: 540755 (These are needed due to changing from upper and lower trunnion mount, to the usual eyelet mounting. TREK has a seperate part number for upper and lower kits, but they are the exact same)

- Upper FOX shock mounting hardware - 10mm x 60mm - FOX Part #: 803-03-231 (This should come with the shock)

- Lower FOX shock mounting hardware - 10mm x 50mm (offset spacers) - FOX Part #: 803-03-228 or TREK Part #: 525244 (This can be ordered through a TREK dealer, however they are currently out of stock at TREK, but you can call FOX directly as they have them in stock)

INSTALLATION:

- Press the 10mm x 60mm shock hardware into the top (piggyback end) of the shock.

- Press the 10mm x 50mm shock hardware into the lower (air can end) of the shock. The shorter black spacer goes on the driveside, and longer on the non-drive.

- Mount lower end of the shock as I've found it easier to get the lower mounted before the upper. Use the same black lower shock bearing spacers that the OEM shock uses and mount the shock with the new bolt kit.

- Mount upper end of the shock. The upper won't require any of the OEM spacers, the 60mm FOX mounting hardware fits into the rocker link on its own.

- Congratulate yourself on ridding your bike of the ass OEM shock

I hope this was clear enough, feel free to DM if you have any questions.

Thanks man, you saved my day. I have a 2018 Slash with the Rock Shox Reactive Damper. I don't like it much so I ordered a Fox DPX2 with Slash tune, the axles and spacers com with the shock, but I forgot that Trunion has no "bolts"...
I'm excited to see how it improves my beloved Slash.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
Hello,

I want to change my RockShox RT3 Thru-Shaft on my Slash 8 2020 with RockShox Super Deluxe.I found this for Remedy

https://www.bike24.com/p2276575.html?q=super+deluxe+rem

I want to ask will it work for my Slash and what mounting hardware is needed?

Posted: Sep 21, 2019 at 0:45 Quote
Torero48 wrote:
Hello,

I want to change my RockShox RT3 Thru-Shaft on my Slash 8 2020 with RockShox Super Deluxe.I found this for Remedy

https://www.bike24.com/p2276575.html?q=super+deluxe+rem

I want to ask will it work for my Slash and what mounting hardware is needed?

Well I think its better mail the shop but on this site it says "For this rear shock, bike/frame specific mount hardware is included"
https://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=88115

Also you will, same as myself, the 2x TREK Part #: 540755, because the stock damper is a trunion. Those bolts will replace the trunion screws. Be aware spacers, in my Slash I had to reuse the lower ones, but not the upper ones.

Cheers

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 12:15 Quote
LIFE SAVER !!!!! Thank you for contributing to this thread.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007467
Mobile Version of Website