Good saddles for lightweights with boney bottoms

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Good saddles for lightweights with boney bottoms
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 26, 2019 at 10:49 Quote
What is says on the tin really. Dissatisfied with my current saddle and looking to upgrade to something that fits that criteria

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 12:34 Quote
As a bony butt lightweight, I have enjoyed my Fabric Scoop quite a bit. I don’t ride with a shammy either.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 12:39 Quote
Also a bony-butted lightweight. Been very happy with the Charge Spoon - have them on both my MTBs.
Weight is reasonable and my skinny backside seems to like them, and can be picked up for around £20 so cheap enough that you've not really lost much even if it doesn't suit you.

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 14:40 Quote
eicca wrote:
As a bony butt lightweight, I have enjoyed my Fabric Scoop quite a bit. I don’t ride with a shammy either.

I also have a Fabric Scoop on my gravel bike and ride without a shammy and haven't found myself wanting anything different. On my MTB I have a Chromag Trailmaster DT and it also is super comfortable to me

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 16:22 Quote
I, too, suffer from BBS (bony butt syndrome).I am also 6' and 160lbs.

I've been using the WTB Silverado for many years on different bikes. I'm happy with it. I'm sure there are better ones out there, I've only tried a limited number of other seats, but I have always found myself going back to that one.

Now, I'm going to try what others have said.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
this is helpful for me too as i have BBS, 6' 1 and 145 lbs, any help and links would be nice!

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 19:34 Quote
Wearing padded shorts can help as well. And riding more can get your bones into shape. I know the pain. Had to ride a 60 mile ride without padded shorts and I weigh 115 and I'm 14

Posted: Jun 8, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
Not a fan of the fabric scoop. I like the wtb hightail, oddly enough

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 3:10 Quote
little update for what its worth, ordered the charge spoon, but I'm currently an inpatient and will remain so for at least another 2-3 days, thanks for all the recommendations and ill let ya know what i make of the spoon

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 at 9:18 Quote
Sh00terMcGavin wrote:
I, too, suffer from BBS (bony butt syndrome).I am also 6' and 160lbs.

I've been using the WTB Silverado for many years on different bikes. I'm happy with it. I'm sure there are better ones out there, I've only tried a limited number of other seats, but I have always found myself going back to that one.

Now, I'm going to try what others have said.

Hard to beat a Silverado IMO. Have them on 2 bikes. Thinline version...

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009643
Mobile Version of Website