International Student staying in London (Ontario) over summer

PB Forum :: Canada - East
International Student staying in London (Ontario) over summer
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2019 at 6:23 Quote
Hi everyone,
I'll be interning at the Fraunhofer Project Centre in London (Ontario) from July till the end of September. I have a few questions concerning biking around London and the housing situation:

-Are there any good enduro/dh spots in the area (few hour drive included) or is it better to take my dirtbike with me instead?

-Any advices on housing?

Thanks for the help! Big Grin

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 15:56 Quote
Blue mountain is about 4 hours or less away from London and it is really good downhill with a chairlift. Other than that it’s pretty flat around here for enduro/Dh.

O+
Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 9:05 Quote
Like mentioned Blue is around 3 hours away (from London anyways). Really cool riding , but not really local. About the closest to London that you can find some enduro "ish" riding would be Kelso, but it's about 1.5 hours away.

In london itself you are limited to Boler Mountain & Fanshawe Lake Loop. Both are OK, but certainly not enduro/DH

Posted: Jun 6, 2019 at 13:10 Quote
meaning I shouldn't bring along my enduro cause 3h seems pretty far if you don't have a car ????

do you know if there are half decent dirtspots?

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
freeduro wrote:
meaning I shouldn't bring along my enduro cause 3h seems pretty far if you don't have a car ????

do you know if there are half decent dirtspots?

Yes. Without a car, you won't be able to smell any enduro here. Welcome to the flat lands... That said, I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to shuttle you for a ride.

XC is predominant in the area

Posted: Sep 6, 2019 at 8:43 Quote
Bring your dirtbike

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008102
Mobile Version of Website