[MEDICAL ADVICE APRECIATED] Awkward headaches

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
[MEDICAL ADVICE APRECIATED] Awkward headaches
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 27, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
Hey all! I'm posting this here to see if anyone might have experienced the same symptoms I have, and if possible get some medical advice.

First a bit of a backstory:
I'm a 30yr old guy, been riding bikes (freeriding/dirt jumping) since I'm 15 years old and, as most of us, lost count of the amount of crashes, concussions and minor injuries I've sustained over the years.

Recently (as of 6 months or so ago), I've been getting some headaches while riding, specially if i'm riding very rough/unfamiliar terrain, at first I didn't pay to much attention to it, I'd get home and sleep it off, but lately the headaches have become stronger and stronger, and about 1 month ago the first scary one happened.

I was riding in a skatepark (hate skateparks, super dry impact), and had a super strong headache, one of those that you get super tense and have to fight through it, so I went home to sleep it off... I slept for about 5-6 hours, and when I woke up I felt seriously ill and had to run to the bathroom to puke.

That one scared me, I took about a month off and literally yesterday i went for a chill ride at my local spot and as soon as I hit the first jump I felt the headache creeping in.

I'm trying to find a decent Neurologist in Portugal to get checked up, but I was wondering, have any of you had something similar? How have you coped with it?

Sorry for the long read.

TLDR; Ride bike = killer headache (and only when riding bike) (CTE or smth?!?!)

Mod O+
Posted: May 30, 2019 at 15:32 Quote
krazyadn wrote:
Hey all! I'm posting this here to see if anyone might have experienced the same symptoms I have, and if possible get some medical advice.

First a bit of a backstory:
I'm a 30yr old guy, been riding bikes (freeriding/dirt jumping) since I'm 15 years old and, as most of us, lost count of the amount of crashes, concussions and minor injuries I've sustained over the years.

Recently (as of 6 months or so ago), I've been getting some headaches while riding, specially if i'm riding very rough/unfamiliar terrain, at first I didn't pay to much attention to it, I'd get home and sleep it off, but lately the headaches have become stronger and stronger, and about 1 month ago the first scary one happened.

I was riding in a skatepark (hate skateparks, super dry impact), and had a super strong headache, one of those that you get super tense and have to fight through it, so I went home to sleep it off... I slept for about 5-6 hours, and when I woke up I felt seriously ill and had to run to the bathroom to puke.

That one scared me, I took about a month off and literally yesterday i went for a chill ride at my local spot and as soon as I hit the first jump I felt the headache creeping in.

I'm trying to find a decent Neurologist in Portugal to get checked up, but I was wondering, have any of you had something similar? How have you coped with it?

Sorry for the long read.

TLDR; Ride bike = killer headache (and only when riding bike) (CTE or smth?!?!)

How about booking an appointment with a medical doctor and have them run a few tests. Or do as the above person says, and smoke a bunch of weed!

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 11:15 Quote
Thx for the awnsers guys!

I've since arranged an appointment with a Neurologist, and I'm taking a bit of a break from riding atm.

Regarding the Canabis tip, thanks! Although I've been a stoner all my life so I got that part covered Razz

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2019 at 6:48 Quote
Exercise induced migraine???

Does it happen at any other time.... Like when you cough or sneeze or, without sounding weird, when you have sex? Or is it JUST mtb?

Get it checked out... Your local family doctor will be able to do some basic checks like BP, optic disc, maybe basic bloods and a cranial nerve exam... And also refer you on if they are worried.

Little anyone can do from an Internet forum Wink

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.077980
Mobile Version of Website