Which 27.5 that can run coil shock and ride park/trail

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Which 27.5 that can run coil shock and ride park/trail
Previous Page |
Posted: May 28, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
I'm on a "new" style 2011 Cove G-Spot which I absolutely love still. But I'm kinda starting to face the music that 26" days are over. The parts are almost non-existent and I'm thinking this will be the last season for it.

So, If I want a bike that Is tough, proven/reliable, and designed to run either coil or air what's a good pick these days ? I ride technical trails and don't go super huge at park but I love hitting laps. The idea of maybe doing an Enduro event also seems fun.

I can't believe some of the bikes out there these days incredible. I'm shying away from 29 because it seems like a huge change to make vs 27.5
'

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 15:20 Quote
gmac wrote:
I'm on a "new" style 2011 Cove G-Spot which I absolutely love still. But I'm kinda starting to face the music that 26" days are over. The parts are almost non-existent and I'm thinking this will be the last season for it.

So, If I want a bike that Is tough, proven/reliable, and designed to run either coil or air what's a good pick these days ? I ride technical trails and don't go super huge at park but I love hitting laps. The idea of maybe doing an Enduro event also seems fun.

I can't believe some of the bikes out there these days incredible. I'm shying away from 29 because it seems like a huge change to make vs 27.5
'

Santa Cruz nomad comes to mind. might be the bike for you? worth checking out IMHO

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 16:00 Quote
Deva wrote:
gmac wrote:

'

Santa Cruz nomad comes to mind. might be the bike for you? worth checking out IMHO

I rented one when my air shock broke last summer. Incredible bike just wasn't sure how it would handle quick sprint style up/down trails. Downhill its unstoppable.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 16:21 Quote
gmac wrote:

'

Rocky mountain slayer, pedals better than most trail bikes and hits the dh even harder

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 16:29 Quote
gmac wrote:

'

Spartan 27.5 very progressive needs a coil, new Lapierre spicy too.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 17:58 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
gmac wrote:

'

Rocky mountain slayer, pedals better than most trail bikes and hits the dh even harder

I can second this, I love mine

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 18:09 Quote
Rocky Mountain Slayer is an unbelievable machine. Def gets my vote.

However, I am currently building a Canfield Balance because it was more cost effective for me to swap frames than to get a Slayer. If you can find a Balance, they fit the bill as well.

Slayer and Balance. My two cents.

Posted: May 28, 2019 at 18:22 Quote
gmac wrote:

'

You might look at the transition patrol. I picked one up last month and I am super impressed with this bike. I was somewhat sceptical about the geometry until I rode one. It has a slack 64 head angle and a steep 77 degree seat angle and a long reach. This geo when combined with a short offset fork, creates a really amazing result. the slack head angle makes this thing descend like a big travel enduro/park bike and it corners at speed better than any other bike I have ridden. What is shocking is how well it climbs being such a large travel bike, 170 front 160 rear. The steep seat tube and the short offset fork make such a difference on the climbing. It also makes the bike handle really well and keeps it more playful than some of the big travel bikes. It's worth looking at and the pricing is pretty reasonable for the frame and build kit.

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
Gonna look into the Slayer option thx boys !

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 12:05 Quote
gmac wrote:
Gonna look into the Slayer option thx boys !

What size are you? I have a friend looking to sell a small in excellent shape

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 10:03 Quote
Guerrilla Gravity went all carbon for 2019 but make bikes that are relatively affordable. Their 160mm bike, the Megatrail, is available for $3795, hand built in Colorado! It is compatible with both an air shock and coil as well.

https://ridegg.com/megatrail

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 11:54 Quote
gmac wrote:
Deva wrote:
gmac wrote:

'

I rented one when my air shock broke last summer. Incredible bike just wasn't sure how it would handle quick sprint style up/down trails. Downhill its unstoppable.

Santa Cruz Bronson. Great for moderate park laps, great on the trail.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 22:45 Quote
I have an evil insurgent. Pedals uphill respectably with a 160 up front. In extra low setting it is a beast. Very fun bike.

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 17:18 Quote
ColinFerguson wrote:
gmac wrote:
Deva wrote:

Santa Cruz Bronson. Great for moderate park laps, great on the trail.

New Bronson's aren't considered coil compatible, Too linear. Technically Transition Patrol's aren't either, although plenty of people are doing it (myself included)

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 18:18 Quote
My buddy has a 2016 or 17 Devinci Troy 27.5. Runs a coil. Loves it. Parks and trail. Is doing the BC enduro series.

Previous Page |

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010355
Mobile Version of Website