fugitive paint issue

PB Forum :: Knolly
fugitive paint issue
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: May 29, 2019 at 16:20 Quote
my LeMans blue fugitive paint seems to be staining all over after just a few weeks, not sure what is causing it. the blue is turning a yellow/rust color. sent warranty request to the dealer and knolly but no response. anyone have issues with knolly paint?

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 15:51 Quote
got a response from Knolly. according to Knolly warranty dept the Park PPL-1 grease apparantly stains their paint and will not be covered by warranty. use a clear grease was their response.

ormondmtb wrote:
my LeMans blue fugitive paint seems to be staining all over after just a few weeks, not sure what is causing it. the blue is turning a yellow/rust color. sent warranty request to the dealer and knolly but no response. anyone have issues with knolly paint?

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
Don't use the industry standard in bike grease? This doesn't sit well with me.

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 3:09 Quote
You any pics you can upload?

Posted: Jun 12, 2019 at 17:13 Quote
yeah I hear ya, doesnt make any sense. the areas that are stained are getting worse even though I havent used any more of that grease. they are orange/black now. looks terrible. its all around the pivots, BB, axle area, and headset where grease is supposed to be used. unfortunately its not allowing me to upload any pictures, i'm just getting the option for a URL address.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015761
Mobile Version of Website