Transition release date??Scout info?

PB Forum :: Transition
Transition release date??Scout info?
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 29, 2019 at 18:41 Quote
So I am looking to get my hands on a new Scout but see many of them are out of stock. Also seems odd that there is only the NX and GX offering. Does any body know a definite date when the 2020 models will be released?or rumors?(Those are fun too). What is out there for juicy info?Thanks

Posted: Jun 3, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Transition seem to update their bikes every 3-4 years, so I don't expect there to be big changes this year. The SBG line was released in 2017 so it has only been two years. Last year the Smuggler went carbon and they changed the spec to a number of their bikes. But no geo changes or new models. New colorways and such were released at Eurobike last year, so I don't think we'll see anything until the end of the summer.

SBG was introduced in June 2017 so if there's anything new we may see something this month?

I'd expect new colours, new spec, etc. Probably some Sram AXS or Shimano XT/XTR builds in there. I'd like to see an XXL size added to the rest of the bike range. Only the sentinel comes in XXL right now and only in alloy. I'd love to bump up my XL Smuggler to an XXL.

Posted: Jun 4, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
Ive been wondering the same thing. Im hoping to get myself on a 2020 scout as well

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 4:18 Quote
Transition seems to be awfully quiet right now...
Hopefully it is just the calm before the storm. Looks like releases have been late august so lets hope there is exciting news around the corner. I like the scout currently but feel it has a narrow offering of builds. Maybe due to the fact that most riders do some additional customizing, but their "low" specs are pretty good anyhow.

Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
New TR11 released today, not sure if that means changes in the other bikes or not. Looks like the Scout is listed as a blue color on the website and there's a Bike Yoke build option that wasn't there before. So maybe just spec and color changes for 2020.

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 30, 2019 at 11:07 Quote
I posted this on MTBR also, but the GX Scout page is listing new colors (black powder and TR blue), and has a "GX Bikeyoke" build kit in a drop down menu. So looks like the mid-high builds will be getting a much better dropper than the crappy Reverb.

Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 19:03 Quote
Transition sent out an email to their dealers stating that they are moving away from model years, and will update bikes as needed. While we may be getting some changes, they will likely roll out over the year, rather than a 2020 drop.

I for one would love a carbon scout option... but I don't think that is happening.

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 1:19 Quote
..... Maybe a coil sentinel

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 16:34 Quote
I also heard about Transition ditching the year model bikes and going with "current model" makes sense.
Carbon scout would be amazing, I'm interested to see what the patrol brings, considering a frame swap from Scout to Patrol, love the Scout but i'm pushing it a bit hard keeping up with my friends on their SB150’s

Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 19:25 Quote
Keen on seeing what comes next. Transition introduced the low offset forks and now all the companies run them.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 16:38 Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=7dZv4qXRp8c&feature=emb_logo

There's a couple of new bikes in this video. Cant see them though they blur them out or block them.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Supergo wrote:

There's a couple of new bikes in this video. Cant see them though they blur them out or block them.

I think those are blurred bikes from other brands. One of the guys on that trip was from the group that organizes the trans cascadia or whatever, and they have a Santa Cruz sponsorship. Probably just didn't want an SC bike front and center in their Transition video.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 16:56 Quote
gbeaks33 wrote:
Supergo wrote:

I think those are blurred bikes from other brands. One of the guys on that trip was from the group that organizes the trans cascadia or whatever, and they have a Santa Cruz sponsorship. Probably just didn't want an SC bike front and center in their Transition video.

Then they forgot to blur out the tan Santa Cruz Nomad at 37-38 seconds laying on the side of the trail.

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
Look at this blue color, this is one of the new models

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2019 at 22:04 Quote
Supergo wrote:
Look at this blue color, this is one of the new models

photo

im guessing 115mm rear 140mm front 29". transition has a gap there

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016971
Mobile Version of Website