Do you want to make Pinkbike and Trailforks better? Pinkbike is looking for full time Software Developers - Check Available Jobs

Capra al comp or cf pro?

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Capra al comp or cf pro?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 6:59 Quote
hey everyone I am in the market for a new rig and trying to decide between the capra al comp or the cf pro. I am more familiar with fox suspension but have nothing against the rockshox. I am coming from a DH background and plan on using the bike mainly for downhill riding but like the ability to pedal and due to a change in location needing a more pedal friendly bike. I am mainly curious if it is worth the extra 1000$ to go carbon and save the 1 lb? thanks for the help!

Posted: Jun 1, 2019 at 11:22 Quote
The spec for the money on cf pro is unbeatable!

Posted: Aug 25, 2019 at 7:30 Quote
brodieFreerider wrote:
hey everyone I am in the market for a new rig and trying to decide between the capra al comp or the cf pro. I am more familiar with fox suspension but have nothing against the rockshox. I am coming from a DH background and plan on using the bike mainly for downhill riding but like the ability to pedal and due to a change in location needing a more pedal friendly bike. I am mainly curious if it is worth the extra 1000$ to go carbon and save the 1 lb? thanks for the help!

Its not about the weight but about the stiffness in the cornering. at least on my bike sense almost no flexion in the seat and chain stays when slapping it into corners and strong wheels only improve the ride. You also get some vibration reduction, but carbon bars would do the trick.

Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 11:05 Quote
andr3wman wrote:
brodieFreerider wrote:

Its not about the weight but about the stiffness in the cornering. at least on my bike sense almost no flexion in the seat and chain stays when slapping it into corners and strong wheels only improve the ride. You also get some vibration reduction, but carbon bars would do the trick.

This right here. The number one thing I noticed when going from an aluminum Trek to a carbon YT was how stiff and responsive it was in cornering. The weight savings is just an extra bonus.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008904
Mobile Version of Website